The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Would this brake kit fit with my current set up?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Would this brake kit fit with my current set up?

Hey guys I am in need of some new brakes soon and as a option I am looking into two setups the power slot and hawk pad combination or this set Baer Brake kit.
    I would go for this kit only opposing factors are that will it fit my ride with these wheels I have? I am not sure of inset or offset. But within reason I think it might fit since there is about 1.75 -2 inchs of space between the stock caliper and the rim spoke. I need to know what you guys think?

http://www.performancecenter.com/pro...Big+Brake+Kits

The wheels:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...100&vid=005036

if you go to the baer website they should have a printout that you can cut and test on your wheels to see if it will clear.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    dang $700+

That wheel is the same size as mine, and the design is pretty similar as well. My wheels clear my baers with a couple of mms, the offset is 42. I'd say it should fit, but find out your offset and find a template if you can to make sure.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    thats actually not too bad of a price for them

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    if you go to the baer website they should have a printout that you can cut and test on your wheels to see if it will clear.
    thanks I will do that and let yall know

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtx
    That wheel is the same size as mine, and the design is pretty similar as well. My wheels clear my baers with a couple of mms, the offset is 42. I'd say it should fit, but find out your offset and find a template if you can to make sure.
    I've seen GTX's setup and it's pretty sweet. He has the Baer kit up front and the power slot big brake kit in the rears. Glad I saw this post cause I'm looking for a big brake kit for front and the rear too, but I wanted to upgrade the rear calipers. I'm trying to find and inexpensive 2 pot for the rear and 2 or more pot up front. If anyone knows of a good setup that won't break me, post it up.

Also GTX, how many pistons in that Baer caliper? My '99 came with a dual piston up front and hate to go down cause I'm going to be running 19s.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMONEYDAY
    Also GTX, how many pistons in that Baer caliper? My '99 came with a dual piston up front and hate to go down cause I'm going to be running 19s.
    Mine is the 2 piston kit. The way I look at it: the rotors are as big as I ever need and can fit under my 17's (13'1), than the same calipers are used on some Vettes and Mustangs, so good enough for me

TGC Regular
    Good point man. Does Baer make a rotor to fit our rears? I'd like my front and rears to both match (drilled, slotted, and coating), even if it it's not a bigger rotor.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    dont know about the baer but for the rear or both powerslot makes a bbk kit as well it uses the calipers you already have just comes with a relocation kit for them...if you even decide to go with the baers its a solution for the rear to somewhat match

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMONEYDAY
    Good point man. Does Baer make a rotor to fit our rears? I'd like my front and rears to both match (drilled, slotted, and coating), even if it it's not a bigger rotor.
    yeah, BAER makes oem size xdrilled/slotted rotors for the rear under the name "Decela"

TGC Regular
    GTX: Thanks for the info, I'll look into that brand.

fatal: I knew about the BBK by Powerslot for the front and rear, but I wanted something with an upgraded caliper. Also the PS rotors are just slotted, I wanted slotted and X-drilled.

I am going to go with the powerslot set up. Can someone please post the right model rotors and hps hamk pads I need for the 8g (4g64).

I want the:
    cryo gen powerslot rotors
    Hawk HPS pads

please post the model numbers:

thanks, I just want to verify model numbers with the ones I come up with.

the part numbers are all posted on the manufacturer website.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.