The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Question about 3 wires in HU wiring harness

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar

Question about 3 wires in HU wiring harness

Hey guys, just a quick question (since I couldn't find the answer through Search).

So I ordered this new Head Unit and the corresponding wiring harness through ebay. The picture below shows the wires and its legends. Most of the wiring (color codes) is straightforward and should be easy.

However, my questions are:

#5 - Braking wire - Is this connected to the brake lights? 12volts? I believe it's a safety feature to lock the DVD playback, but I just wanted to be sure.

#4 - Aoto antenna - I think they meant "Auto" antenna. I'm not sure if it's for those cars that have antennas that go up when ignition is turned on. I guess I'm not going to use it. Can anyone confirm?

#6 - CCD off - I'm not sure what this is. Backup camera maybe? But I think I won't need it.

By the way, this HU is for my minivan, but I posted it here since it might be useful information for the rest. Thanks!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    braking wire would go to the hand brake wire... not the brake lamp wire (depending on the brand you can just ground it off or connect it to a toggle switch and ground it off)

antenna wire is not needed unless you have a powered antenna as you said

not sure on the ccd thing?

Thanks man! I'm guessing I'll see more info when the radio comes in with the manual. Most likely it will have bad English translation.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Lemme guess. You bought a VR3 unit right?

^^ - Nah, don't know what a VR3 is........ but VR4 I know, lol.

The pic below is what I got, and it's just for the minivan. My 8g is already hooked up with a carputer. Click here for video of carputer.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Man that is a hugh screen for the carputer!!!

CCD = camera related.

the CCD is orange, usually orange is the stupid illumination wire that i never figured out how to work, so i just always left it unplugged. I doubt it for the camera....camera uses remote power ground and rcas.

if i were to guess what the CCD off is, i'd probably think that its for the backup camera. it would tell the unit to switch to the backup camera when you're backing up and then switch back to whatever when you're done backing up.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.