The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Changing Rims

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Changing Rims

Man I didn't know it was a bitch changing the rims with tires onto the 7G ES what a Bitch FTL. Me and my cousin was trying to put it on but it's so hard to put it on probably gonna take it to the shop to do it.

did u try air tools or a pipe on the lug wrench

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    umm.. whats the problem? get yourself a leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by mattalicslvr8g02
    I Took the lugs off with the cross wrench but there was the metal thing that you had to bend to take off but yeah that was a bitch. And the rear ones was weird too cause after I took the lugs off I couldn't take the wheel off weird. Is it because of the drum brakes? but yeah probably best thing to do is convert to 5 lug or just take to the shop I'm gonna do the second option since it'll cost less.

I did

Quote Originally Posted by 9G
    umm.. whats the problem? get yourself a leverage.
    I did use that but still wouldn't budge.

try lifting weights and go buy some pecs at wal-mart

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    The only thing you have to remove to take off the wheel are the lug nuts. If the wheel is "stuck" then it is rusted to the drum or rotor. Give it a few swift kicks and it should come loose.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    The only thing you have to remove to take off the wheel are the lug nuts. If the wheel is "stuck" then it is rusted to the drum or rotor. Give it a few swift kicks and it should come loose.
    x2 or spray some wd 40 in between the drum and the wheel and then give it a few kicks

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Quote Originally Posted by 7GProject_4G64
    I Took the lugs off with the cross wrench but there was the metal thing that you had to bend to take off but yeah that was a bitch. And the rear ones was weird too cause after I took the lugs off I couldn't take the wheel off weird. Is it because of the drum brakes? but yeah probably best thing to do is convert to 5 lug or just take to the shop I'm gonna do the second option since it'll cost less.
    I hope you dont mean that cotter pin on the front lug on the brake assembly...that does not have to come off to change the wheels! Sounds like you are having issues for no reason. Like the guys said, wd40 and a couple of kicks if the wheel doesnt just come off. Put that pin back and dont remove anythig else!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
    :?:

I fixed it! Come on!

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
    I fixed it! Come on!
    oo lol i though u were trying to point something out to me

LOL...its cool! HA 8)

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    +1 on that. another thing you might try instead of kicking is lowering the jack slowly just enough to let the weight of the car break the wheel free. then jack the car back up and remove the wheel.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Dude, you want to tackle a 5 lug conversion when you can't even get the wheels off in the first place :?: Am I the only one that sees something ass backwards in your thinking? :smt011

222whp/250wtq

Guess what it worked hahaha kicking and spraying and lowering it a little for car weight to move tire itself.

[quote="evil-G-nius"][quote="7GProject_4G64"]