The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: K&N filter question...

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    Supernova

K&N filter question...

What exactally will one do for my i4 Galant. I'm suspecting it won't bump it up many horses but a few at least. Will it make it sound better too? And i know the accel is better too. Oh, and about how much will one run me($)? Thanks and stuff. ^.~

J. T. Z.
    Are you reffering to a slide on cone style or just a replacement stock style one?

Supernova
    Replaced stock ones. But is either one better than the other?

Dilemma
    well i got the replacement for my stock filter....i flipped the box and removed the stock air box...let me tell u, you'll be suprised with the pickup and the great sound that hiflow filter does to your car...go for it untill u get ur CAI
    '

in most cases, the cone filter is much better than the OEM style. but yea it depends on the filter, if you keep the airbox stock, cone fitler is better, but if you flip the airbox, they are almost the same. if you haven't purchsed one yet, i'd go for the cone filter with adaptor so you can use it later when u get an aftermarket intake.

i remember i think it was turbo magazine that put a oem style filter in a 6g, double digits people....

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Supernova
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>in most cases, the cone filter is much better than the OEM style. but yea it depends on the filter, if you keep the airbox stock, cone fitler is better, but if you flip the airbox, they are almost the same. if you haven't purchsed one yet, i'd go for the cone filter with adaptor so you can use it later when u get an aftermarket intake.

i remember i think it was turbo magazine that put a oem style filter in a 6g, double digits people....</div>

Ok, since i'm going to put a cold air intake, I need to go for the cone and the adapter then. How much will it run me approx.?

EDIT: Will the Cone filter sound like the OEM style flipped over, or different?

cdaw2001ES
    $26.00 for the adapter - with a "N&N "STYLE" Filter.
    The real K&N filter that fits the adpter is $47.00 at my local Auto Zone.
    You can get the adapter here :
    http://www.procarparts.com/store/displayde...?pid=DSC00615fr

Supernova
    If I get a K&N filter and replace the stock one, flip the air box thing around.(like in the totourial). Does it really increase preformance and sound like say, a cold air intake?

OgRe
    what is the size of the K&N filter that fits the adaptor?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>If I get a K&N filter and replace the stock one, flip the air box thing around.(like in the totourial). Â*Does it really increase preformance and sound like say, a cold air intake?</div>
    The basic answer to your question is yes, it will increase performance and sound because your engine is getting more unrestricted airflow. Will it increase as much as with a CAI? Absolutely not. But you will notice a difference until you can decide what your final intake mod will be.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>in most cases, the cone filter is much better than the OEM style. but yea it depends on the filter, if you keep the airbox stock, cone fitler is better, but if you flip the airbox, they are almost the same. if you haven't purchsed one yet, i'd go for the cone filter with adaptor so you can use it later when u get an aftermarket intake.

i remember i think it was turbo magazine that put a oem style filter in a 6g, double digits people....</div>

Ok, since i'm going to put a cold air intake, I need to go for the cone and the adapter then. How much will it run me approx.?

EDIT: Will the Cone filter sound like the OEM style flipped over, or different?</div>

if you are building a cold air intake (takes some work) go for the cone filter. if you will be buying an CAI, now's the perfect time.

as for sound, the cone filter will sound like the oem flipped over but a lil bit louder

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Supernova
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>in most cases, the cone filter is much better than the OEM style. but yea it depends on the filter, if you keep the airbox stock, cone fitler is better, but if you flip the airbox, they are almost the same. if you haven't purchsed one yet, i'd go for the cone filter with adaptor so you can use it later when u get an aftermarket intake.

EDIT: Will the Cone filter sound like the OEM style flipped over, or different?</div>

if you are building a cold air intake (takes some work) go for the cone filter. if you will be buying an CAI, now's the perfect time.

as for sound, the cone filter will sound like the oem flipped over but a lil bit louder</div>

I think i'll go with the CAI filter when I get a cold air. It seems thats what most of all have.