The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dropping the cruise control

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

dropping the cruise control

well i've done the 5spd swap and the cruise control does not work....i have some play between the pedal and that black box which i want to get rid off(the play).

i've heard that someone here have done this.....what will i need to drop my whole cruise control system??

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Dude im almost done solving the problem to the cruise control after doing the swap. I just have a few more wires to test but its obvious that it uses either the brake pedal signal or clutch pedal to trigger it on.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You need to talk to stunr about this. He is an advocate for getn rid of cruise control. from what i remember u get better response on the throttle.
    7G SOHC 5SPD

yeah i heard.....that is why i want to get rid of the cruise is so that i can get better response....i was just wondering what i need to buy to make it work.....that is if i cant just connect the cable straight to the throttle body.

just need a non cruise throttle cable.
    cheap. get it from the yard off a base model galant,

or just order one from slowboyracing.

i did the mod cause..... fuck it. thats why.

it got rid of that ugly cable box, as well as all the electronics in the upper left portion of the engine bay. cleaning up things dramatically,

i also looped the cable vertically along the firewall, this way it woudl be completely out of sight... instead of looping around the whole engine bay.
    because you delete the big cable box... you take pulley's out of the system.
    which makes the gas pedal a little heavier.
    i like this cause the throttle will shut faster now, and it gives a much beter feel to the driver.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo