The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Subwoofer Meltdown

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Subwoofer Meltdown

so my amp kept shutting off everytime i turn the volume about like 5 which is really low in my car (pioneer headunit for those who can relate to how loud that is) and so i go in the trunk to see whats wrong. smells burnt in there so im thinkin well shit my amp is fried. i look at the back of the box and see one of the plastic terminal cups has melted a little bit. so i rewire the subs around the cup and keep going. now one of my subs are shot. (push the cone in, doesnt move back and forth, or liek its supposed to. so i ran with the other sub for a while and now the amp is shutting off again when it goes above a certain volume. needless to say, there are two 12" MTX 5500's in the mail. cant wait
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

over powered the subs, melted then and now they cooled off and there rock solid.. happend to my dad about 2 times then he just got 12" type r's and it has yet to happen again.. and the funny thing is .. when it happend both times .. both subs were melted solid

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    hmm that sucks, never heard of that before, should you get one amp per sub then? not you but anyone in general?

no it happened as soon as a bridged them. but ive had the subs for two years so they did their time its time for new ones anyway
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush