The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need some help....

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

need some help....

anybody know what size the stock evo oil feed port is on the head? i need to tap one on my sonata head

and also is there a plug for that port?

Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar

Re: need some help....

Quote Originally Posted by underated
    anybody know what size the stock evo oil feed port is on the head? i need to tap one on my sonata head

and also is there a plug for that port?

It is 1/8 BSPT

Its a british pipe thread, its soooo close to 1/8 NPT only not. I would drill it for 1/8 NPT tho, because its easier when your shopping for fittings to get 1/8 NPT. All I did was run a 1/8 NPT tap right over the existing threads and it worked fine. Even if you intend on using stock EVO lines, I dont see why you cant tap it for 1/8 NPT and just buy a NPT threaded banjo bolt so it would be compatible. Other than a professional machine shop, I dont know who would have a 1/8 BSPT tap. I have a $600 Snap On tap and die set, and it aint in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Hey on the back of your Sonata head, is there a recessed hole that is plugged up and covered by the intake manifold? EVO's have this hole, Im just saying you can use it for comparison because its only 1/8 BSPT or BPT whatever they call the british thread.

What type of turbo are you going to feed with oil from the head?
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS