The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weird problem with the lights

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Weird problem with the lights

Guys i have been having this problem for a while now, it sometimes goes away and then there are times when it comes back. What happend is the following, all the lights on the car start diming as the RPM's go up or when they come down, the latest thing is the brake,abs,battery light turn on and off for no reason.

I have a video i took with my phone to show you what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8jIYIGdL1s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUNGAst92iA

This time the lights will turn off everytime i press the brake and at the same time all the other lights will dim a little.
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

they have a tsb on this i think. I have the tsb harness and ask what it was on gvr4.org

well guys after testing alot of fuses and other shit i decided to go ahead and check the new alternator i bought 5 months ago, well it turns out that piece of shit was bad and thats what was caused my dashboard to lit up like a christmas tree. I went ahead and changed the alternator and now she is working fine with no problems

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    If I caught this thread earlier..I would of recommended checking the alternator. Same exact symtoms I had when mine right before it took a dump on my 7g. Good to see you fixed the issue. 8)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

well i made a mistake, i installed the extra alternator without checking it and it decided to take a shit on me today, as i was going to work the alternator crapped on me cause after 10 minutes driving my car starts to try and shut down, since this is the third alternator i know the symptoms with the alternator is bad. So i am going to buy an expensive alternator and see if thats the source of the problem if the new one brakes down then it looks like it seem to have a problem which i will have to fugure out. So guys wish me good luck

well guys the rebuilt alternator took a shit once again, so now i have to check and see whats the problem

alexstayboostn
    normally when you have both the brake light and the battery light up on the dash board it means that the alternator is messing up and is about to die on you soon too.. sometimes the lights go on real brite or just litely