The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: NEW RIMS!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27

NEW RIMS!!!!

no just kidding, same rims just a color change...llet me know what u think and if i should of kept them GM...o yea and i color matched valve cover, strut bar, and fuse box...also the CF eyelids from galant305

very nice man, very nice.
    '03
    rockin' the DE

Great decision going with the bronze...stands out in the crowd.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i like the bronze a lot, like i said in your other post i prefer bronze on black cars usually came out good...the engine bay looks good as well you should match the intake though

looks better alex, good job

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

should i match the intake??? i just didnt know if it would be too much

yes. do the intake. looks good

GREEN is the new BLACK

looks incredible. i'm very jealous.

TGC Regular
    i want to color my wheelz bronze too, where you get them done Alex, came out nice

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    Looks really good. I LOVE your car Alex! :D

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Yeah the intake would look good too painted. Man... so hot! Glad I got to see it in person! It really does match the hood, lol
    ~Lady Driven~

thanks agaain makes me feel good i did a GOOD change lol i was so nervous...is loves u too lol....chris i did it myself, pm me if u want to kno wat i did exactly

I told you Alex, that the rims look hot. Everyone at the meet was talking about how they looked so fresh on the "Black Galant" lol. Good job Alex, and you're welcome for the peer pressure! lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    More pics of the RIMS

wow hell yea that looks fresh. its deff something different.....same reason I went with hyperblack over just black! Change FTW!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by alexvr
    thanks agaain makes me feel good i did a GOOD change lol i was so nervous...is loves u too lol....chris i did it myself, pm me if u want to kno wat i did exactly
    why don't u share it with everybody :( or is it a secret 8)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

yea ivory, im sick of the black too but qfter i get boredd of this color i might so a black to see how it looks lol....spdrcr lol i first cleaned the rims off really good, scrubbed them front and back, then i sanded with a 320 grit sandpaper, u can do it wet or dry but dont sand it too hard or too much, just enough to scuff the original paint. then go ahead and wash it off well. dry the rim off and tape the areas that will not be painted. also be careful when sanding, you dont want to sand the lip or any other part that will not be painted. once its taped off, clean with mineral spirit or acetone. then start to spray primer. do 3 coats of primer, 10 min between each coat. then start with primer sealer, 3 coats of that also, wait 30 mins and then add the paint. 3 coats of paint or until satisfied with the color and make sure u get every corner of the rim and also the back of the rims so it wont be a different color. (after the last coat, wait an hr and sand with a 2000 grit wet if u want to get any imperfections out, but i didnt do this) now u will add the clear. i did about 3 coats of clear. depending on how shiney u want them, thats how many coats u will add . once the rim is done take the tape off and put the rim back on the car...wait 48 hrs and then get a 2000 grit sandpaper and wet sand the rim lightly, then dry it off and wax with a rubbing compound, this step is not needed, its only to help get the imperfctions out and make it a tad bit shinier.

-320 sand paper
    -2000 sand paper
    -dupli-color automotive primer
    -dupli-color automotive primer sealer
    -dupli-color wheel coating, any dupli-color automotive paint will work
    -dupli-color automotive clear coat
    -mineral spirit
    -soap and scrubber
    -tape

Re: NEW RIMS!!!!

Maybe its the alcohol's after effect, but I quickly glanced at this pic and thought the reservoirs was a mask/skull lol. the two black caps are the eye holes and the space below them was the nose.

yes i know, awkward. :smt102

Re: NEW RIMS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bezzle
    Maybe its the alcohol's after effect, but I quickly glanced at this pic and thought the reservoirs was a mask/skull lol. the two black caps are the eye holes and the space below them was the nose.

yes i know, awkward. :smt102
    bezzle crack kills lol,stop sniffing that shit.yeah and alex the rims came out hot,match the intake trust me it would look hot.A friend of mine did this recently.
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast