The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: nitrous?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

nitrous?

anybody spraying a i4 8g. was wondering how big of shot is safe.
    IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, ITS NOT WORTH DOIN!

it depends on ur engine.. and how well kept it has been i think..

try a 100 shot.. and see wat happens.. take a video
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

everything i've written below is my experience use at your own risk dont come back to me if something happens lol

i did a 100 shot for like 6months before i went turbo i was scared everytime i hit WOT lol but before that i did a 75 shot for a year and 55 before that and 35 before that..

i used a nx wet kit intake back fires are not your friend tho lol

100= scary buts lots of fun might want to do some tuning to be on the safe side i used a safc2
    75= fun/ok
    55=ok but not much fun
    35=dont even bother if all you have is nitrous a 35 shot should only be used to spool a big turbo
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

damn i didnt think it could hold a 100 shot.its my daily driver so i was thinking of the 55.what do you guys suggest.by the way whats your turbo setup?

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I may do a 75 wet shot on my car, but it is a V6, as far as a streetable wet shot goes, a 75 is where its at. If I do this it will be with a Zex kit, which is one of the better kits out there for this application. Be sure to run a window switch, nitrous backfires are no joke, and downright terrifying, it is not something you want to expierence, let alone on your own car. I've seen people nearly killed by backfire's again, not a joke. A tune would be appropriate and a wideband O2 is a must.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

I think you should just save up to do a turbo swap... IMO its not worth it to use nitrous. Generally speaking nitrous fucks up your engine relatively quickly compared to a turbo, but it also depends on how much you use your nitrous, and if you wont use it too often, than whats the point? Whereas with a turbo you get the added power at all times, not in spurts, and its a little less stressful on your engine. I know of a couple people here who did nitrous first, but didn't like it, and decided to remove the nitrous, to do the turbo swap. So if I were you, save yourself the time, effort, and money to save up or a 5spd conversion, with the turbo swap.
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

thanks for the info guys. im just rushin i guess. i got a friend of mine that always talkin shit about his ls integra.all its got is the basic bolt ons.i just wanted to shut him up :smt014

Quote Originally Posted by Kwikfox
    I think you should just save up to do a turbo swap... IMO its not worth it to use nitrous. Generally speaking nitrous fucks up your engine relatively quickly compared to a turbo, but it also depends on how much you use your nitrous, and if you wont use it too often, than whats the point? Whereas with a turbo you get the added power at all times, not in spurts, and its a little less stressful on your engine. I know of a couple people here who did nitrous first, but didn't like it, and decided to remove the nitrous, to do the turbo swap. So if I were you, save yourself the time, effort, and money to save up or a 5spd conversion, with the turbo swap.
    I dont know who's tuneing the stuff you've seen, but they're in the wrong buisness.

I've seen nitrous motors last years, on a good tune, I've seen turbo motors last years on a good tune. I've seen nitrous motors last 5 seconds on a bad tune, I've seen turbo motors last 5 seconds on a bad tune.

Notice a pattern.

I had a 60 shot wet on my 2.4 liter truck before i went direct port. i wouldnt try anything higher than that. You will be running rich in the #1 and #2 cylinders though, I dont know how much better nitrous gadgetry has gotten but you should be okay with a 60 shot as long as its wet. anything more and youre just playing with fire.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

would the basic boltons be needed?my motor is stock and its got 148k miles on it.you still think its safe?if i was gonna get a kit it probably be a zex kit.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    I was thinking nitrous back in the day too, I'm sure if you did nitrous, exhaust, header, intake, SAFC, EGT gauge for for nitrous, and maybe a Walbro 190 w/ the rewire or 255 you should be set to feel some difference and safe.

And that is QUITE the ass, saw some of those when I was down at TOOTSIES Cabaret in North Miami Beach 8) 8) 8) 8)

im not sure if you should be running nitrous on a car with 148k on the block. id make sure your head gasket and your piston rings are good before you squeeze. but if youre gonna squeeze anyways, just make sure youre running a colder plug, retard the timing a bit, not sure about the fuel pump...i was fine with the stock fuel pump on my truck but it might be different on galants and squeeze after 3k-3.5k rpms WOT. You can squeeze stock, but youll feel it better with a full exhaust, and maybe a more aggressive cam. just dont be trigger happy and youll be okay.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

thanks guys. like i said i just wanna make them show some respect. :smt075

If your running a wet shot the Zex is the only way to go, other than that run an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a walbro 255 fuel pump, and even with a stock intake and exhaust you'll be fine. A wideband O2 sensor is a good idea, for further insurance.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Guys, there is no need for a 255 for something like that. A Walbro 190 will support up to 400whp. With the 255, you have to use an AFPR to keep the pump from overrunning the rail.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    would the 190 require/recommend a rewire?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    No, but it would help.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards
    I had a 60 shot wet on my 2.4 liter truck before i went direct port. i wouldnt try anything higher than that. You will be running rich in the #1 and #2 cylinders though, I dont know how much better nitrous gadgetry has gotten but you should be okay with a 60 shot as long as its wet. anything more and youre just playing with fire.
    Be careful with comparing apples to oranges.

Our fuel system feeds from the back of the motor, so the fuel goes to 4 first, not 1, so it would make absolutely no sense that 1 would be running rich, if anything it would be the complete opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

thanks for all the help guys.do you think that with an intake and a 50 shot that i could beat an ls with i/h/e?

I'd recomend a AFPR regardless on a wetshot. I should also take this time to mention a rpm window switch, this is another very worthwhile piece of hardware.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast