The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo Kits Website????

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Turbo Kits Website????

Has anyone ever heard of this website .... --> http://www.turbo-kits.com/galant_turbo_kits.html. They have for sale turbo kits for a 99-04 Mitsubishi Galant I4 & V6. [/url]

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar

Re: Turbo Kits Website????

Quote Originally Posted by youngfab59
    Has anyone ever heard of this website .... --> http://www.turbo-kits.com/galant_turbo_kits.html. They have for sale turbo kits for a 99-04 Mitsubishi Galant I4 & V6. [/url]
    i never heard of them but that doesnt mean they are not good. try to find out more info on their setup. i saw something about only boosting to 5PSI. is that true? thats not a lot of boost man for the price.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Huh? I thought the 16g's minimum was like 8 PSI.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

that's the old DOUG'S DYNO POWER kits. it was notorious for blowing motors back in the day.

Those kits were discontinued for the last several months. I wonder why they decided to begin selling them again.

whats a good site to get turbo kits for an 01 galant v-4???

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

Your best bet is to piece one together yourself. IF you can find a kit, it will probably be more of a headache than using tried and true parts off a dsm or evo.

222whp/250wtq

Quote Originally Posted by youngfab59
    whats a good site to get turbo kits for an 01 galant v-4???
    lol... i4... not v4...

Quote Originally Posted by galant3jl12's
    Those kits were discontinued for the last several months. I wonder why they decided to begin selling them again.
    simple. people will still buy them because of ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior
    Your best bet is to piece one together yourself. IF you can find a kit, it will probably be more of a headache than using tried and true parts off a dsm or evo.
    X2. Would be better to build one yourself, would be much cheaper than getting a kit. I posted that exact site a few months ago too, so i decided to build one myself. I'm sure you can find plenty of info here on how to DIY. good luck :)

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I dont see how a turbo kit would blow a motor, they are all the same. If your running too much boost and not tuning it, it could definitely blow, but thats not the turbo kits fault, its the owner ;)

Only way you can run lower boost on a 16g is a custom wastegate acuator which isnt hard.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    I dont see how a turbo kit would blow a motor, they are all the same. If your running too much boost and not tuning it, it could definitely blow, but thats not the turbo kits fault, its the owner ;)

Only way you can run lower boost on a 16g is a custom wastegate acuator which isnt hard.
    that was the first kit for the 3G/8G. the 3g guys jumped on it. apperently there were design flaws in the piggyback tune and side mount IC combo that caused it to blow motors. the first 8g was boosted on it in vegas and it blew as well from what i remember. those posts were lost on both boards tho since as you konw we reset a few years ago and so did club3g. we lost about 3-4 years of posts during the many incarnations of TGC and club3G lost that much too when they changed ownership. i dont even know if anyone is still running the original DDP kit. as far as i know the most dependable kit (at least for the v6) was the xtech/tearstone setup w/ FMIC.

Ah ya thats interesting Reelax. I remember the last time TGC was down and I kept checking and it wasn't back for a long time at least for me so i figured it was gone. But I am definately happy its back. Although it doesn't help the wallet when i come on here and see more things to buy :)