The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mitsubishi-motors Evo X info

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Mitsubishi-motors Evo X info

Looks like Mitsubishi finally made a section of the website for the new evo X. The www.mitsubishi-motors.com has it if you click on view all products in the lower right, or you can just click on this http://media.mitsubishi-motors.com/l...carspec74.html The conversion on the PS to HP totals to 276HP I think just because its not actually out yet and I heard Japan has a limit on how much HP you can actually say a car has even if it has more.

Also for those that don't know it will not be called Evo X anywhere except Japan you can read about that here http://www.automotive.com/future-car...ion/index.html if you don't believe me.
    My son was born!!! 4/18/06
    Easton
    Vya
    Ornelas

No limit I believe. G37 rated at 330hp.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

How old is that automotive.com article. There has already been a review done my motor trend where they went to japan and drove the new X. It doesn't really matter if they have the X badge on the vehicle or not it will still be known as the Evo X. Right now reports are 295hp and a 0-60 of 5-5.2 sec which is about .5 slower than the old one seems they need bout 20 more hp to make it even or slighty faster than the older evo. They really should have it at 325 which was what the first rumors were. It will be interesting to see exactly what changes if any there are once it makes its way to the U.S and goes on sale.

I went to put a deposit down on Monday at my dealer for the Evo X, lets just say the price I wanted to pay and what the dealer wanted for the X was over 16K apart. They were asking 50K for this car. I laughed and walked out. They only had 1 Evo IX in house, and they were asking a ton of money for that one since it was there last one.
    Love,
    Matt

Man that is such bullshit. Dealers do that same crap here and markup the evo so much. You think Mitsu would be pissed if they found out how much they're marking up the evo. They make it so hard to buy an evo its amazing they sell any. You have to practically have $3000 cash for a down payment, full credit check, paperwork filled out, urine sample a strip search just to test drive an evo.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galant3jl12's
    Man that is such bullshit. Dealers do that same crap here and markup the evo so much. You think Mitsu would be pissed if they found out how much they're marking up the evo. They make it so hard to buy an evo its amazing they sell any. You have to practically have $3000 cash for a down payment, full credit check, paperwork filled out, urine sample a strip search just to test drive an evo.
    $3000 down payment on a $30K+ car? You must be nuts to finance that much. I would put nothing less than $12K.

Its true though when I bought my galant a couple years ago I asked if I could test drive the evo, and he said only if you pay $2000.

Also I wasn't saying there is a limit to the HP just that there is a limit on how much they can say it is I think they also say that the evo IX is 270hp in Japan even though its acutally rated at 286hp just because of the laws. I heard that somewhere on the net it could be wrong though
    Easton
    Vya
    Ornelas

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsubishi_Lover
    Its true though when I bought my galant a couple years ago I asked if I could test drive the evo, and he said only if you pay $2000.

Also I wasn't saying there is a limit to the HP just that there is a limit on how much they can say it is I think they also say that the evo IX is 270hp in Japan even though its acutally rated at 286hp just because of the laws. I heard that somewhere on the net it could be wrong though
    Ya thats what I meant. Like you said you have to pay to test drive the evo. As far as putting 12K down on a 30K car must be nice. I don't see myself being able to do that for many years. Of course I'm college now so we'll what happens when I graduate.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Usually when dyno testing a performance car thats supposed to be a practical car, the factorys dyno them in theworst possible enviroment(hot and humid) and also heatsoak the intercooler in order to achieve lower numbers for various reasons. Thats why you see the SRT4s rated at 240 crank hp dyno at 260whp stock.
    7g for life!

So I'm not just crazy then I knew there was something about the hp
    Easton
    Vya
    Ornelas

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsubishi_Lover

Ya thats what I meant. Like you said you have to pay to test drive the evo. As far as putting 12K down on a 30K car must be nice. I don't see myself being able to do that for many years. Of course I'm college now so we'll what happens when I graduate.
    In college I could't even afford to pay attention But once you graduate & start earning more you'll want better cars & fact is most cars now are in the 30K division.

SkylineG1 your absolutely right. When I think of the "best" cars for a reasonable price they are all around 30K evos, 350Z's G35's, Sti's used vettes. Ya its funny w/ college I started off having 2 jobs and scholarships and now at the end I have 1 job which doesn't pay much just enough for spending and my scholarships have ran out. Usually its opposite you start off poor then make more as you go. I'm goin in reverse .

SkylineG1 your absolutely right. When I think of the "best" cars for a reasonable price they are all around 30K evos, 350Z's G35's, Sti's used vettes. Ya its funny w/ college I started off having 2 jobs and scholarships and now at the end I have 1 job which doesn't pay much just enough for spending and my scholarships have ran out. Usually its opposite you start off poor then make more as you go. I'm goin in reverse .
    I was going in the same direction too.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I was going to buy a Evo 9 next year..but I am going to hold off. The more and more I read about the X, the more I am liking it. I will let the 1st year pass by and see what "bugs" and problems the X is prone to and see how after the tuners get their hands on the X, how well the new 4B11T responds to mods.

Then I will make a decision on finding a well taken care of Evo 9 or go ahead and jump into a Evo X and if my budget can afford it, in "MR" trim.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    $3000 down payment on a $30K+ car? You must be nuts to finance that much. I would put nothing less than $12K.
    damn i thought I was bringin in the $$. maybe my spending habits are just nuts!
    "I was going to buy a Evo 9 next year..but I am going to hold off. The more and more I read about the X, the more I am liking it. I will let the 1st year pass by and see what "bugs" and problems the X is prone to and see how after the tuners get their hands on the X, how well the new 4B11T responds to mods."
    Ive been SOOOOO close to picking up an 03 MR twice. I just know I would lose too much money on my car to trade it in (+ the fact that i have too much love for that automatic biatch) and I still owe so much since I overpayed a bit (even though it IS clean as $#!t) and just bought it a year ago. Maybe in a few months ill just pay off the G and pick me up and evo.