The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ECU HELP some one help

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

ECU HELP some one help

I want to be able to use dsm link on my 2.4 with a 1g head........????????????? Dose anyone have any suggestions???????????
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

Umm ok well what year galant do you have? If it is 94-95 it is obd1 so im assuming you would need to either to get a 1g ecu and have it chipped for dsmlink or maybe even send them a galant ecu and see if they can chip that. If it is a 96-98 then you need to find a 95 eprom ecu out of a dsm and have that chipped for dsmlink. Why do you want dsmlink anyway, I mean it really works best if you plan on doing alot of changing to your maps. If you just want something to get a solid tune with with you should look into www.dsmchips.com He offers a chip that can compensate for whatever setup you will most likely be running and you won't have to deal with the headache of tuning it.

222whp/250wtq

thank you man I have my motor ready to be put together and I wanted every thing to be right I am so happy that someone came to me with this suggestion....I am going there now...and yes it is a 95
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

problem What wiring harrness will I need to use....I think I can use a 7g galant 94 es wiring harrness....But will I be able to run a eprom ecu to it?????????????dsm chips is only for eprom??????help I am thinking too much....
    Nice to be back!!!!

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    if you have a 95, most likely you have a 4 plug ecu adapting wire harness.
    which is fine for a 95 Eprom ecu. But you aren't running all the other extentions the Eprom unit will be looking for, so i'm not sure how the ecu will act with your set up.

To answer your question, the basic accessories will run off the 95 eprom esu and a 95 galant wireharness,...

But getting the car to start, fire correctly, and adjust fuel for boost... you'll need to add the pins and extension for a turbo set up as your N/A wire harness doesn't have those things.

thank you....man That is cool... I still have that 95 tsi wiring harness so i can do a little cut and paste.... I just need to get my hands on a 95 eprom then I can go from there...... if anyone else has something to say pls let me know....
    Nice to be back!!!!

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T-double
    thank you....man That is cool... I still have that 95 tsi wiring harness so i can do a little cut and paste.... I just need to get my hands on a 95 eprom then I can go from there...... if anyone else has something to say pls let me know....
    you can go ahead and pull the coil pack wires, one of the throttle body plugs is different, so pull the wires for that, coil pack is different, and you also may the the cam angle sensor wires. Check the tutorial section, i wrote up how to get the wires out of the harness so you don't have to do a lot of splicing