The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: custom fiberglass dash stuffs.....

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    know that noise you heard outside.........

custom fiberglass dash stuffs.....

so when i got my car, the dash had the stereo, a storage box, and the cup holder... well i replaced the stereo, and wanted to put my CB radio in there.... so i thought about cutting the back out of the storage box, but it would still too small... so i just took the box out, and velcroed the cb to the bottom of the stereo..... the problem is that the heat from the stereo softened the adhesive of the velcro.....

so i ended up putting the stereo where the box was, and the cb on top... and i found out that the metal mount for the stereo matched up with a mount on the cb... the problem is that the speaker is on the bottom of the cb, and VERY quiet while on top of the stereo...

my cb also doesnt fill the spot... so i have about a half inch above it, and about an inch and a half on the left... so what i thought of was centering my cb, and raising it so the speaker would have some room under it.... i was thinking of just getting some hard foam, cutting it just the way i need it, then fiberglassing over it... then do the dash trim to fill any gaps.....

idk if that description explains it exactly... but i was wonering what some other people thought of this idea, and if anyone who has expirence with fiberglass could tell me it its worth it, cost and time wise or if i should just leave it....

thanks a lot...
    MIke

1998 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    "freedom of speach includes volume"

know that noise you heard outside.........
    if i do decide to do this... i will def. have pics... but im not sure if im gonna

1998 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    "freedom of speach includes volume"