The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: wich one is better?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

wich one is better?

i'm planning to lower my car.
    i have a 7g galant,
    wich one of these do you guys think is better?

http://www.slowboyracing.com/estore/...at=4111&page=1

or

http://www.slowboyracing.com/estore/...at=1067&page=1

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    The lowering springs will lower your car and give you better handling compared to stock. Lowering springs are a bit stiffer than stock springs..but will retain some of that "stock quality" of ride.

The coilovers...more specific those Skunk2's have a much more stiff spring rate. Ride quality is pretty much tossed out the door, but you retain a much stiffer suspension which allows more control and better corning response. You can adjust ride height with coilovers while lowering springs are set at a predesigned height.

I am running Skunk2 coilovers on my 7g and I am happy with them...ride quality kinda sucks, but handling is well worth it. Its your personal preference...if the car is your daily and you don't plan to do some AutoXing or Circuit racing, lower springs is the way to go for a daily driver, but with better handling compared to stock.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Besides everything G-rim said I'll just add that the Megans are a 2" drop iirc. Not sure if Slowboy is worth buying from at this time. A LOT of DSMers hate them with a passion.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

DOHCstunr is running D2 coilovers

they are supposed to be smooth as shit. very good ride quality. they are adjustable height and stifness.

of course they are like 1k but are well worth it. thats what i'm getting when the shocks take a dump

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    These showed up on eBay the other day, not sure about the quality, but definitely cheap!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DropZ...spagenameZWDVW
    7g for life!

i used to have dropzone lowering spring once under my 7g,and man, that car drove like sh*t,bounces allot,
    i took them out and throw them away.
    My friend has aerospeed coilvers under his 8g,and that car ride very very good.
    Think i'm going to get the aerospeed ones.

fyi skunk 2 coilovers have been know to have coil binding issues. Koni yellow and ground controles coilovers seem to be a great matching choice.

I have ground control coilovers and I love them. Are you planning on buying new shocks?

I had the Skunks before...they are a very harsh ride! If your roads are not that smooth I would not get those. G-rim lives in smooth road country...FL! So he doesnt have the same issues that most people would have. I am now running Eibach prokit with KYB AGX adjustable shocks. Excellent set up for ride height, comfort and driveability...I gurantee you will not be disappointed if you go with that set up

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by gaylantvr4
    fyi skunk 2 coilovers have been know to have coil binding issues. Koni yellow and ground controles coilovers seem to be a great matching choice.
    for the money you woudl spend on them.... you coudl have gotten megan. or d2 coilovers..... and you'd be much much better off

1994 Galant GS-Turbo