The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BOV and MBC/EBC Turbo Goros help needed

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

BOV and MBC/EBC Turbo Goros help needed

so my daily driver is a '91 volvo 740 turbo i posted pics of it here before and some of u might have seen the pics

i wanna get a BOV for it but i dont know what to look for and i also wanna either get a MBC or EBC but i dont know which one is better/easier to use

i am new to turbo i've been trying to do some reading at turbobricks.com but their forums are so unorganized and messy not like TGC is so easy to look around and find what u need, icedoutgalant told me that the best would be to post here and ask u guys since u got the experience
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

as far as the bov goes, see what manufacturers make for it if any. and im assuming u want an aftermarket bov because they come stock with one. u just cant hear it because it gets recirculated into ur intake system (usually) u may not be able to vent it do to it might screw with ur maf meter if u have one. do some research on ur car speciffically cause i dont know a whole lot about volvos. now onto the boost controller. MBC is easir to install but harder to use. there also alot cheaper. EBC will alow you to control boost eletronically and not have to worry about shutting ur car off and manually turning it up or down. ur call. i have a MBC just because it was cheaper and easier to install. good luck
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

i did alotta search but that site is a mess and i hate being there but i guess i will have to post as a noob :D and ask a question that im sure came up a million times before

thanks for the help though
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R