The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2.6L Stroker kit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 39 of 39
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    Damn thats a long rod, I bet that piston is short as hell, I wonder how low the top ring is and the spacing for the rest, my top ring is like 12mm below the top of the ring land, theirs would have to be half that or less.
    yeah i already said it was going to be a short slug with that 106mm stroke..... but compound that with a crackhead longrod........ and that piston is about as tall as my krispykreme laying flat

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    50trim ball bearing, GT30R. Im not gonna say the 35R because that turbo tends to really shine in the uppre RPMS past 6500.
    Will the engine be able to flow enough cfm to use a 35R, we are talking another .6L more displacement then the cars we are used to seeing equipped with such a turbo. I havent seen the compressor efficiency maps for these turbo, but I'd imagine a 2.6L motor would be right in the middle of the efficiency of the two turbo's.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Read what I wrote over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Ok here is the second response from BC after asking about the safe rev limit, rod angles, piston size, etc.:

The kit has a 6.151" center to center rod which makes the rod / stroke
    ratio - 1.47 which is ideal for the stroker application. The engine is safe
    to rpm as high as your valve train will let it go (9000+). We worked closely
    with the engineers at CP pistons when developing this kit. It has a piston
    compression height of 1.014". Plenty safe fro extreme applications.

222whp/250wtq

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior
    Ok here is the second response from BC after asking about the safe rev limit, rod angles, piston size, etc.:

The kit has a 6.151" center to center rod which makes the rod / stroke
    ratio - 1.47 which is ideal for the stroker application. The engine is safe
    to rpm as high as your valve train will let it go (9000+). We worked closely
    with the engineers at CP pistons when developing this kit. It has a piston
    compression height of 1.014". Plenty safe fro extreme applications.
    there wasw nothing in that statement that said there was any reason to rev that high.....
    you can rev to 9k on most any engine if its internals are strong enough and you have a decent valvetrain.....
    but if you stop making power at 6k rpms.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................ why would you rev that high?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I'm starting to get the feeling that they haven't REALLY tested out this kit. I mean so far all they've told me is just a few more numbers than what is stated on their website. :evil:

222whp/250wtq

I don't think there is a reason to rev past 7000 RPM with a stroker much like our stock engines compaired to the 2 liter turbo. That is one of the reasons I got a small turbo to begin with, exploit the low end power.

Won't the "max" HP be relized around 2500-4500/5500, like most strokers?

Typically yes, but thats only if the turbo hits its peak at that point. Like if I put a GT35R on my motor and revved to 7500 with a good tune, I would keep increasing power all the way to redline, because the turbo still has a ton of air feeding the motor and its not maxed out, like it would be if I was using a 16g or something.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

So you have "balls" from 2000 RPM to whenever you feel like shifting? (depending on turbo)

Freaken nice! :) I did not know that...

RPW preaches strokers for most all of their applications and now I know why.

Yeah you really just have to combine your motor with a turbo that flows enough air and can be effectively spooled up within a reasonable amount of time for your setup. perfect example, on my old motor, my turbo spooled at roughly 4200 and my redline was 8500, but I didnt make power passed 7500 because of stock cams, so that was pretty much 3800RPMs worth of useable power. Now I have a 2.4, cams, and larger valves, the turbo should spool at about 3500, redline at 7500, but im going to make power that entire time because nothing is really limiting me.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I like from what i been reading i like talk about the 2.6 i would like to know if that is the other site and from what i see slowboy dont sale 2.6 stroker kit's...But i talk to a few people and what i been hearing is it is almost like having a turbo car if everything is done right.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    wow talk about months ago.. nice up bro

Quote Originally Posted by milo111000 View Post
    wow talk about months ago.. nice up bro
    damn Milo where the hell have you been?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

hahaha jigaz!!! sup bitch?!?! just been busy bro.. work work.. missed this dam ol place!!

Quote Originally Posted by milo111000 View Post
    hahaha jigaz!!! sup bitch?!?! just been busy bro.. work work.. missed this dam ol place!!
    haha. damn G still running?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

hhaah of course.. just a little problem with the maf but it's all good. i was looking at this VR 4 type S in melbourne last i was there selling for $7k. just gotta figure out how to ship it.. lol.. go real VR than tune my silly galant..

A 2.6L is too extreme for a street application. A 2.5L will be reasonable and cheaper than doing a 2.6L stroker kit. Just purchase a 102mm stroker crank, stock length rods, and custom pistons with a 34mm compression height.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

My question to you is: do you get those same results from a 2.5 like the 2.6. I mean for .1 of a liter will you get results or just wasted money on minimum results. I dont want to offend, i just want to make sure. im the kind of person if i am going to spend the money, i want my money well spent. i want to feel night and day differences. And again I dont want to offend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12