The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Some kind of belt

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Some kind of belt

Okay so today as I was getting out of the parking lot and turning left my brake light and battery light came on, also my steering wheel got stiff as I lose the power steering but the car still runs battery still works still able to turn but without the powersteering and one of the belts snapped the one that connects to the polley for the power steering and the timing belt does not spin. what should I do?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    There are 3 belts.

1. AC belt. Connects the AC pulley tot he crank pulley.
    2. Alternator/Waterpump belt. Connects the Crank, alternator, and waterpump pulleys.
    3. Power steering belt. Connects the power steering pulley to the waterpump pulley.

Look to see which you are missing. Sounds like the alternator belt went out which will cause the power steering not to work since it drives the waterpump pulley. Which if thats the case, then the waterpump will not turn and your car will overheat. I would not recommend driving the car very far.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    There are 3 belts.

1. AC belt. Connects the AC pulley tot he crank pulley.
    2. Alternator/Waterpump belt. Connects the Crank, alternator, and waterpump pulleys.
    3. Power steering belt. Connects the power steering pulley to the waterpump pulley.

Look to see which you are missing. Sounds like the alternator belt went out which will cause the power steering not to work since it drives the waterpump pulley. Which if thats the case, then the waterpump will not turn and your car will overheat. I would not recommend driving the car very far.
    Yep it was the Alternator/Waterpump belt. probably get it fixed tomorrow got the belt already just need to put it on.