The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to Move the Alternator?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

How to Move the Alternator?

What screws do I take off or unscrew to move the Alternator a bit so I can put the Alternator belt in place? I took two out already but still won't budge the one on the right side of the alternator and the front one in front of alternator.

hit it a few times with a large sledgehammer, it should come out lol.
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

You don't take em all the way man. Loosen the one on the adjuster, loosen the adjuster itself too all the way, loosen the one nearest the manifold cover as well (I needed a breaker bar for that one), what I had to end up doing was actually take a damn 1/2 inch torque wrench and move the entire crank to get the alternator belt to finally slip on. I put the belt on the top pully first, then around the crank and kinda sorta on the alternator pulley, then while turning the crank with your wrench (it's gotta be long for leverage) try to give the belt a little assistance and it'll slip right in place.

djmtz263306
    to bad i dont have any pics to show you but when you are looking at the alt loosen the 12 mm (don't remember 4 sure) but they're 4 bolts to loosen you can use some wd 40 to help you out . usin a pry bar move the alt towards the engine that should loosen loosen the belt enough to remove the belt , and it's only logical to do it the reverse way when putin it back on again

Quote Originally Posted by djmtz263306
    to bad i dont have any pics to show you but when you are looking at the alt loosen the 12 mm (don't remember 4 sure) but they're 4 bolts to loosen you can use some wd 40 to help you out . usin a pry bar move the alt towards the engine that should loosen loosen the belt enough to remove the belt , and it's only logical to do it the reverse way when putin it back on again
    i was gonna suggest doing what he said. there was actually 1 more bolt on the top of the alternator i had to remove if i recall. that bolt allowed me to move the alternator more toward the engine so i had extra room for slack for the belt