The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: wheel lips?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

wheel lips?

i know a few people have painted their rims but i'm wondering about the lip...

how does it hold up when changing tires?

i want to have the lip of my rims powdercoated and since the powder has to be heated to 400 degrees i cant leave the tires on and do the index card masking

has anybody had the entire wheel powdercoated not just the center? how do the edges hold up to tire changes?
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Any quality powder coating should hold up just fine.

i usually get my tires put on a sears cuz i used to work there but all the people i know have quit lol and now im not sure about the skill level of the new folks i dont want them scratching up stuff
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated
    i usually get my tires put on a sears cuz i used to work there but all the people i know have quit lol and now im not sure about the skill level of the new folks i dont want them scratching up stuff
    I would be scared to by tires from a clothing store. I know they do automotive, but its NOT their specialty thats best left to professionals.

i primered and rattle can'd my old stock gs wheels, changed tires a couple times, no lip damage.

powdercoat shoudl only perform better.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by underated
    I would be scared to by tires from a clothing store. I know they do automotive, but its NOT their specialty thats best left to professionals.
    they have sears auto centers out here all the real mechanics are ase certified but the tire changers are not :(

i'm going to get it done and see how things go if it gets messed up by someone they will just have to fix it