The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G Pipe length front to back

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

7G Pipe length front to back

What is the length of the whole pipe for the 95 7G? Tried looking for it on google and other sites but can't seem to find out how many inches is the pipe length like cat-bak wise since some guys say that it will need an extension if I were to put this cat-bak on it would it fit http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/...idproduct=3107

That should bolt up no problem. The extension to the cat is only about 6 inches iirc. I wasn't paying attention in the shop when they did it, but whatever shop you go to shouldn't have a problem with that. Just let them know the diameter of your pipes so they can let you know if they have it available to connect to your cat.

--
    I will add that you can spend less money for the same setup, minus the Megan tagged pipes.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by bmore303
    That should bolt up no problem. The extension to the cat is only about 6 inches iirc. I wasn't paying attention in the shop when they did it, but whatever shop you go to shouldn't have a problem with that. Just let them know the diameter of your pipes so they can let you know if they have it available to connect to your cat.

--
    I will add that you can spend less money for the same setup, minus the Megan tagged pipes.
    well do u know how long the stock 7G galant pipe is? that's my question

Dude, it doesn't really matter how long it is. If you take it to a shop to have them do the install, they will be able to extend it for you no problem. And if you decide to try to do the work yourself all you need to do is go buy like a 2 foot section of tubing from any exhaust shop or god forbid an auto parts store and cut it to size. Trust me on this one, i've done it so I know it works fine.

P.S. - you might want to double check if that catback is for the 420A eclipse because if it is, I don't know if it will change the layout of the exhaust or not. Just a head's up for ya.

222whp/250wtq

wait so u do want it for the 420A eclipse or u dont?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

I know that the shop will extend it but I'm just trying to say that would it be easier to do that or go to a shop where they can just fabricate it for you but on a bigger pipe. Here's what I am going to do I am going to go to a shop where they fabricate parts and just tell tehm to do it for me already found the shop just need to save up and get the part installed.

Depends on how much the shop is charging to fab the whole system. If they're cheap and doing it mandrel bent then go for it. You could always go the VRS route. I'm running their 2.5" and laxin is running their 3" piping kit.

O yeah...I have no clue where you'd be able to find the exact Catback length for the 7G.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by bmore303
    Depends on how much the shop is charging to fab the whole system. If they're cheap and doing it mandrel bent then go for it. You could always go the VRS route. I'm running their 2.5" and laxin is running their 3" piping kit.

O yeah...I have no clue where you'd be able to find the exact Catback length for the 7G.
    it's 250 for fabricating and installing plus the Cherrybomb Super Turbo Muffler 2 which would be perfect.

i also run the 3" mandrel piping kit from
    www.vrsexhaust.com

plus a 30" long x 7" wide straight through magnaflow muffer in the straight section of my exhaust.... and a meagan dragon2 muffler at the end.

I've never heard a better sounding i4 exhuast..... ever.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo