The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Installing Mas Adapter and filter for the 7G

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Installing Mas Adapter and filter for the 7G

I am planning to buy the MAS adapter and buying the filter cone to put it on my 7G since there wouldn't be a pipe that would fit knowing that there isn't much aftermarket intake for the 7G but if I knew how to fabricate a pipe for it i would do it but I don't so that is what I am going to do. What are your advices and or opinions on it?

well before i turboed my car what i did was just bought that adapter and put a regular cone filter on my maf sensor. i didnt use an aftermarket pipe or anything. but since im not using the stock maf sensor anymore u can have mine if you want it. just stick a filter on it and ull be good to go.
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

Pepboys...autozone...Look for the Spectre MAS Adaptor. Last I noticed everything made by Spectre is in one nice spot. This MAS adaptor has a 4" inlet so remember that when you get the actual filter to attach to it. Umm besides that it's up to you to either go Short or CAI.

Short...get an aluminum elbow thats like....anywhere from probably 45-60 degree bent. That should give you enough room.

CAI...2 tutorials on how to do that one.

Either way you have to find a way to support each setup.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by ct96mitsug
    well before i turboed my car what i did was just bought that adapter and put a regular cone filter on my maf sensor. i didnt use an aftermarket pipe or anything. but since im not using the stock maf sensor anymore u can have mine if you want it. just stick a filter on it and ull be good to go.
    how much u gonna give it to me for? is it a 3inch one cause thats the one I need I already have the filter for it. u got a pic of it?

i think its a 4" adapter. if u pay shipping u can have it for nothin. i have no use for it anymore
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

Quote Originally Posted by ct96mitsug
    i think its a 4" adapter. if u pay shipping u can have it for nothin. i have no use for it anymore
    damn why can't it be a 3 inch but yeah I need a 3 inch one

You want to make sure the adapter you have is metal, the plastic ones have a tendency to crack and break on you.

222whp/250wtq

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior
    You want to make sure the adapter you have is metal, the plastic ones have a tendency to crack and break on you.
    can't find any that are metal.

Quote Originally Posted by 7GProject_4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior
    can't find any that are metal.
    You should be ok with the plastic.
    I had a 3" plastic one on my g for 2 years without slipping or breaking.
    I use the same one on the GS-T, no problems yet.