The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How do I beat all Civic SI's!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 43
    JROCKA

How do I beat all Civic SI's!

OK heres the situation. I have a 4 cyl Galant 1999. Im interested in making some mods to my car. How can I get it up to the HP range of a Integra GSR or an SI. I have a serious hatred for all Civics. :evil: :evil: Please help me out.

Or should I just swap out my 4cyl for a V6?

I have to be there by the summer!

Senior TGC Member
    Well if you can find the 4 banger turbos you'll probably do fine...I think hp at the wheels have reached at least 200. With that kind of power you'll definitely smash a few stock cars. Even if it only gives you 180 whp that's still giving you the same power to weight ratio of a 2003 auto V6 Altima...your car wouldn't exactly be a pushover anymore.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

I say save up and work on the Car you have, and here is why. remember the Video of the Civic that beat the Viper (i know I keep bringing it up bare with me) What did everyone say. Whoa the Civic ran the Viper. You will get more props for running a SI in a Galant than you will in a Evo. Do it in the Evo and it will probably be expected. Beat the SI in a "Family Car" and Jaws will drop. If your going to embarass the Civic. Do it right. I am working on dusting a 350 Camaro. I think if I spray or boost Both if I am lucky I am going to make him Cry. If I do it in an Evo, or a Supra.....I don't think the Victory would be so sweet.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

DJ_SI

Re: How do I beat all Civic SI's!

Quote Originally Posted by JROCKA
    OK heres the situation. I have a 4 cyl Galant 1999. Im interested in making some mods to my car. How can I get it up to the HP range of a Integra GSR or an SI. I have a serious hatred for all Civics. :evil: :evil: Please help me out.

Or should I just swap out my 4cyl for a V6?

I have to be there by the summer!
    I may be able to answer your question. A friend of mine has a 4cyl galant with (at the time) a Zex 55 shot, Ingen intake, Focuz exhaust. Me: i/h/e, 17's. We ran from a complete stop, here is how it went. We take off, I get him on the lauch and stays that way till I have to shift into second (40mph), when I do so, he pulls on me, he has about a car length lead on me. Then I shift into 3rd gear and begin to pull a little............he shut down when my front bumper was about to his front tire. If we would have kept going, I would have passed him, however, it is not safe to race at very high speeds. So, with a 55 shot of nitrous, you should keep up/beat most bolt-ons Si's and Gsr's. Just do not continue the race at anything over 70mph.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    keep in mind that civic sis are not that fast...15-16s 1/4 mile un-modified. now if u were racing a modified si...u will 100% have to have turbo with upgraded internals. or you would slap down the dough for the ripp mod supercharger kit
    7g for life!

Black2k1GTZ
    I would go with headers, intake, exhaust & piping....and then a zex kit. That alone should give you enough to beat a moderatly modified SI. Plus if you are racing at the track...strip the car...all you need is the drivers seat...take out EVERYTHING else...back seats, jack, spare etc. You could have all the weight in the world...but if the car is heavy...then it wont mean shit. Also remember that you want to have about 1/8th of a tank of gas in there( try running a little bit of NOS octane booster too). As liquid, no matter what time is heavy...about 10 lbs per gallon!!!!!!!! So hooking up the engine helps...but you want to take full advantage of the power!!!!!

And take a big leak and a dump before you race too...lol

Marc :mg:

PaulBlackGSX
    Getting a set of cams is always a HUGE benefit to N/A performance. It's a more advanced part to install, and relatively expensive, so it's often over looked. So cams with a good grind that match the type of mods on the car are probably the second best performance upgrade for N/A cars (behind forced induction or NOS). Of course, be prepared, most even midly aggressive cams will seriously effect idle (i.e. idles like shit).

That would be my vote, maybe in addition to cams.

BTW Those EVOs are very strong performing cars. I love the thought of the sleeper/unexpected performance, but it's hard to look away from 280ish hp and the traction of AWD. You wouldn't be disappointed with the EVO unless you were really just going for the sleeper look.

the civic si isn't the fastest car in the world. i don't understand why people keep hating on it. there are faster stock cars out there than the freaking SI. maybe vette's even some of the celicas and the rsx's are faster than the si.

but nonehteless, just keep modding and racing (legally) and you'll get there. its not only the car that wins, its the driver

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I saw keep on moddin the I-4... Just like Pinoy has said, there are faster rides out there besides Si's, like RSX, SER-V-spec, Celica GT-s... if ur lookin for overall power, Intake, headers, full cat back exhaust, hell if u got the dough, TURBO.. the only reason everyone wants to beat si's is becasue on there limited production they only come out every couple years, and everyone has one..lol.. i got and I-4, its been said by a lot of guys on the board, i may have one of the fastest 8g USDm rides in the country.. i didnt hook up my ride to beat anyone i did it becasue its fun as hell to see ur car evolve, and if u beat a couple guyz on the way, that makes it even better..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

JROCKA
    Dont get me wrong, I know there are faster cars out there but there I just HATE ALL CIVICS. I feel people who buy them think they are fast so I feel its my duty to prove them wrong and make them feel the $18,00 lost they just invested in. There are tooo many out there on the road!!! They must be stopped! :twisted:

TGC Regular
    how do you beat all civic si's? how about with a nice 9 iron?
    - Atba

escoson
    im basically going to say the same thing as everyone else but here is how I look at it. Im the only person out of all my friends to rock something that isnt ment for speed.(they all drive gsx's, civics with b16's, ford lightnings, preludes, sylvias, etc...) They all give me props for what I want/am going to do to this car because im the first person around where im at(my town, lol) doing something "different". Think about it, do you wan't to be lie everyone else or your own person and do something different? I'de stick with modding the i-4, I just bought a 02 es i4 in october and there were times when i thought about getting rid of it but in the long run once i get all the mods going I know im never going to want another car. ( thats just my opinion )

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'>im basically going to say the same thing as everyone else but here is how I look at it. Im the only person out of all my friends to rock something that isnt ment for speed.(they all drive gsx's, civics with b16's, ford lightnings, preludes, sylvias, etc...) They all give me props for what I want/am going to do to this car because im the first person around where im at(my town, lol) doing something "different". Think about it, do you wan't to be lie everyone else or your own person and do something different? I'de stick with modding the i-4, I just bought a 02 es i4 in october and there were times when i thought about getting rid of it but in the long run once i get all the mods going I know im never going to want another car. ( thats just my opinion )</div>

That how it is around where i live.. the majoriity of modded rides are Civics or anything with a HOnda motor.. Its odd when u hang out with ur boyz and they all drive civics, celics, or lude's then u got this 4 door joint rollin in, it will turn headz and people will come up to you and ask what and tell u, damn that tight do ur thing.. thats when u will be like damn, happy i got this ride...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Beat)</div><div class='quotemain'>how do you beat all civic si's? how about with a nice 9 iron? Â*</div>

Dude I so wanted to say that the first post I put it up. I was going to say just loosen up his lugs on the tires. he may get you off the line but he won't cross the line.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

DJ_SI
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>keep in mind that civic sis are not that fast...15-16s 1/4 mile un-modified. Â*now if u were racing a modified si...u will 100% have to have turbo with upgraded internals. Â*or you would slap down the dough for the ripp mod supercharger kit</div>

Stock Si's can pull 15.5-15.7 STOCK if it is properly driven. True they are not that fast at all, but i-4 Galants run what.......low/mid 17's. Now, to make up for that extra 1.5-2.0 seconds in the 1/4, it looks like forced induction is a must.

DJ_SI
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JROCKA)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dont get me wrong, I know there are faster cars out there but there I just HATE ALL CIVICS. I feel people who buy them think they are fast so I feel its my duty to prove them wrong and make them feel the $18,00 lost they just invested in. Â*There are tooo many out there on the road!!! They must be stopped! Â*:twisted:</div>

I do not understand the hatred, is it jealousy maybe?

And I see a hell of a lot more Galants on the road than I do civic Si's, does that mean that I am not supposed to like Galants........hell no! This is why I do not understand your reasoning.

And the $18,000 dollar thing...........what is up with that?! Don't your Galants cost just about the same? So, now you are paying what the Si owner did for his car, but now you must spend more money to have your car perform to the level of his.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Beat
    how do you beat all civic si's? how about with a nice 9 iron?
    Dude I so wanted to say that the first post I put it up. I was going to say just loosen up his lugs on the tires. he may get you off the line but he won't cross the line.

- Atba

MnGalant
    First of all a si will not run lower than a 16 . Second of all they suck. The End

Quote Originally Posted by MnGalant
    First of all a si will not run lower than a 16 . Second of all they suck. The End
    As much as I hate to do this but I have to disagree. I looked up up on Kazaa and I just saw a Si run a high 15.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

DJ_SI
    Quote Originally Posted by MnGalant
    ......................"ignorance is bliss".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast