The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How do I beat all Civic SI's!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 43
    MnGalant
    Speed kills, Drive honda

DJ_SI
    HAHAHA, you are so funny and original! Unfortunatly the whole "speed" concept would not pertain to you............if you know what I mean.

MnGalant
    Dont get me wrong i now i cant beat alot of hondas out there. But i will always look better going down the road. The only reason you on this site is cause of the envy you carry, but its ok one day you'll get a real car.

DJ_SI
    HAHA, I came on this site to learn a little more about different cars and also the fact that my friend has one. "a real car".............uh, I think my car is "real". I mean it runs and shit.

And the fact that your car will always look better going down the road.........well I can not argue with you on that one. Personal opinion is always different in the eyes of the beholder. However, you hold your opinions as if they are one of the many facts of life.......and they are not.

I also think that you are the one posessed with envy, especially considering the fact that you main purpose in modding your car is to beat a stock honda. How sad, get a life!

MnGalant
    I live in a part of town where there are a lot of hondas. I have more wins then losses. Im just sick of seeing civics. Every one has one. Be original youll still fit in. And i like the look on a honda drivers face when he get his ass whooped by a four door automatic.

DJ_SI
    Well I guess I should congratulate you on beating those hondas. So what if you have beaten a honda before, hell I have beaten chevy's, mitsubishi's, nissan's, etc. Does that mean that I drive a better car or that I am better than they are? I certainly think not. When I race other cars, I do not hold a grudge or boost my ego when I win. It is all fun and I appreciate other car enthusiast, regardless of the badge that is on the car.

This thread is now becoming very silly...............lets end this jibberish now.

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemist aka Shane
    the only reason everyone wants to beat si's is becasue on there limited production they only come out every couple years, and everyone has one..lol
    That statement almost contradicts itself How can it be both limited production and yet everyone still have one? Only if the limit of production is "everyone." 8)
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_SI
    Well I guess I should congratulate you on beating those hondas. So what if you have beaten a honda before, hell I have beaten chevy's, mitsubishi's, nissan's, etc. Does that mean that I drive a better car or that I am better than they are? I certainly think not. When I race other cars, I do not hold a grudge or boost my ego when I win. It is all fun and I appreciate other car enthusiast, regardless of the badge that is on the car.

This thread is now becoming very silly...............lets end this jibberish now.
    okay since this thread has gone to hell is some sense.. Let me ask a question.. Si, i think if im not not mistaken is about 5:1 (i think), my boy bought a V-Tec controller and changed it to 4:1, but on his 1/4 mile times he lost about .12sec on his time.. Not including we had tuned his AFC, he has dc-sports coated 4-2-1, full Spoon cat-back exhaust, and all other bolt on's.. do u think the loss of time would be from the v-tec ratio change or the AFC change seeing as how the change in weather in florida has dropped?
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

DJ_SI
    Has he dyno tuned it yet? If not, there is really no way, other than looking at the dyno plots, to get it tuned properly. Many people buy v-afc's and throw it on their ride and expect to see instant gains........which just will not happen. People have tried to use a "butt" dyno but that never works. And each and every car is different........the settings on one car (given that they have the same exact mods) will be different from that of another car.

Oh and what is the "5:1" and "4:1" all about? Are you talking about the air/fuel ratio? If so, we should be running around 13:1-14:1 if he is still N/A.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_SI
    Has he dyno tuned it yet? If not, there is really no way, other than looking at the dyno plots, to get it tuned properly. Many people buy v-afc's and throw it on their ride and expect to see instant gains........which just will not happen. People have tried to use a "butt" dyno but that never works. And each and every car is different........the settings on one car (given that they have the same exact mods) will be different from that of another car.

Oh and what is the "5:1" and "4:1" all about? Are you talking about the air/fuel ratio? If so, we should be running around 13:1-14:1 if he is still N/A.
    ahh hell, guess were going back to the dyno again... Cant figure out what the problem is.. what i think is he has a exhaust leak, or his injectors have a massive clog, which has happened already when we turned up the boost.. Im going to tell him to get a datalogger... Trust me on this we have tuned this car like u cant imagine, everything has been tested, its prolly something small that im over looking..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

To beat all Civics and Civic SIs? just the gas pedal and you won't have to worry hahaha...

DJ_SI
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    To beat all Civics and Civic SIs? just the gas pedal and you won't have to worry hahaha...
    I think that is also about the time that the civic si owner realizes that a race was going on.

And Shane, does he have a fpr or any other fuel mods of some sort.......your problem may that also. A while back my car was running a little funny and I adjusted my fuel pressure and the car is now running perfectly.

JROCKA
    Aight enough! We all know that DJ_SI is a SI lover and thats cool but all im sayin is that Im tried of seeing them. And there is no way you can argue that you see more Galants than Civics on the street. Get the hell outta here! Even grandmothers drive Civics. Im sick of them and everyone who has them thinks they can throw some altezza'a on the back and that qualifies them for bein fast. Im sick of ALL Civics, not just Si's. There not original and now that i've read all these post NOT FAST AND OVERRATED.

THANX fellow GALANT OWNERS especially MnGalant
    Good Look!
    ONE! 8) !

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ_SI)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>To beat all Civics and Civic SIs? Â*just the gas pedal and you won't have to worry hahaha...</div>

I think that is also about the time that the civic si owner realizes that a race was going on.

And Shane, does he have a fpr or any other fuel mods of some sort.......your problem may that also. A while back my car was running a little funny and I adjusted my fuel pressure and the car is now running perfectly.</div>

he has the AEM fuel rail w/FPR./. That was the first thing we thought of but it wasnt that, we turned it down and lost more time, so we left it back at where we had it.. what im thinking is that it could be is the timing on the cam..

DJ_SI
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JROCKA)</div><div class='quotemain'>Aight enough! We all know that DJ_SI is a SI lover and thats cool but all im sayin is that Im tried of seeing them. And there is no way you can argue that you see more Galants than Civics on the street. Get the hell outta here! Even grandmothers drive Civics. Im sick of them and everyone who has them thinks they can throw some altezza'a on the back and that qualifies them for bein fast. Im sick of ALL Civics, not just Si's. There not original and now that i've read all these post NOT FAST AND OVERRATED.

Good Look!
    ONE! 8) !
    </div>

Look, I am no "Si lover". I like my car, but I certainly do not think that it is the best damn car or even sport compact for that matter. I am not defending the Si civics because I own one, I am simply preventing BS from being spreaded. And what is with this originality bull shit! You will never have a car that no one else has, period. Does that mean that you will not like the car because others have it. I bought the car because I liked it, regardless it 2 people had it or 2 million have it. And I have seen alteazzas (how ever in the hell you spell it) on ALOT of cars, so what. Hold a grudge against the owner (if you choose so), but not against the car itself..........that is just stupid.

And the "not fast and overrated" is some more stupid shit also. How is it overrated.............just because I said the it can run a mid-high 15 1/4. IT DOES! Deny this all you want to but I am just stating the facts here buddy. Listen you guys talk about how the GTZ will smoke a Si. Well from wondering on this board, most GTZ's dyno around ~150hp and rated around 195hp to the flywheel. This huge loss in power is due to the automatic tranny that it uses. Now civic Si's usually dyno around 137-142hp stock............not much less than the GTZ and it weighs ~500 lbs less and has a close-ratio 5 speed transmission.

Shane: does your friend have aftermarket camshafts? Have you guys messed with his cam gears? Like you said, his timing may also be off. Good luck to you guys, hope you work out the bugs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'> the only reason everyone wants to beat si's is becasue on there limited production they only come out every couple years, and everyone has one..lol</div>

That statement almost contradicts itself How can it be both limited production and yet everyone still have one? Only if the limit of production is "everyone." 8)</div>

its not a contradiction, at all.. ONe it is limited in production (mean when it comes out on the market, and when the next version of it comes back out, for example si 4dr, then si HB), it only comes out every so often.. Two, everyone where i live has one..where its the older gen ludes, crx's, and now civic's.. very popular where i live..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ_SI)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JROCKA)</div><div class='quotemain'>Aight enough! We all know that DJ_SI is a SI lover and thats cool but all im sayin is that Im tried of seeing them. And there is no way you can argue that you see more Galants than Civics on the street. Get the hell outta here! Even grandmothers drive Civics. Im sick of them and everyone who has them thinks they can throw some altezza'a on the back and that qualifies them for bein fast. Im sick of ALL Civics, not just Si's. There not original and now that i've read all these post NOT FAST AND OVERRATED.

Good Look!
    ONE! 8) !
    </div>

Look, I am no "Si lover". I like my car, but I certainly do not think that it is the best damn car or even sport compact for that matter. I am not defending the Si civics because I own one, I am simply preventing BS from being spreaded. And what is with this originality bull shit! You will never have a car that no one else has, period. Does that mean that you will not like the car because others have it. I bought the car because I liked it, regardless it 2 people had it or 2 million have it. And I have seen alteazzas (how ever in the hell you spell it) on ALOT of cars, so what. Hold a grudge against the owner (if you choose so), but not against the car itself..........that is just stupid.

And the "not fast and overrated" is some more stupid shit also. How is it overrated.............just because I said the it can run a mid-high 15 1/4. IT DOES! Deny this all you want to but I am just stating the facts here buddy. Listen you guys talk about how the GTZ will smoke a Si. Well from wondering on this board, most GTZ's dyno around ~150hp and rated around 195hp to the flywheel. This huge loss in power is due to the automatic tranny that it uses. Now civic Si's usually dyno around 137-142hp stock............not much less than the GTZ and it weighs ~500 lbs less and has a close-ratio 5 speed transmission.

Shane: does your friend have aftermarket camshafts? Have you guys messed with his cam gears? Like you said, his timing may also be off. Good luck to you guys, hope you work out the bugs.</div>

Iight finally fixed the damn problem.. the timing was off about +2 degress set it back to -3 degrees.. Then he had a bad number 2 plug, NGK..Change those things lastnight, running way better now..just need some street legal street slicks..lol.. he has not possible traction..lol

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MnGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>First of all a si will not run lower than a 16 . Second of all they suck. The End</div>

They run mid 15s driver right.

As far as beating an SI, your going to have to get your galant in the 15s, and thats to beat a stock 99-00 Si. Most people who buy them, mod them. Personally, I'd say either put some big mods in your car, or get a new one. If you want to stick with mitsu...eclipse GST, then you will beat your civics.
    Chris
    2004 Mazda 3i; bought 7/2/04
    98 Galant ES; Sold 6/30/04

MnGalant is funny as hell!!!!!
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

luxcrusr2000
    Quote Originally Posted by MnGalant
    Speed kills, Drive honda
    :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ROFLMFAO!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast