The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ticking noises

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

ticking noises

well ive had my G now for almost a year and a half and am almost at 60K.
    yes i know that alot of miles but when your have to drive 200miles at least once a week to Madison, for about 9 months it adds up quick. plus i went out west and out east twice. in the G.

well to my problem. if i liet my car sit over night the next morning i start it up there is a ticking noise that sounds like lifters or something in the top end of the engine, it goes away after about a minute but is this something i should be concerned about?
    register! www.bordumb.com

do a search, there are several topics on this subject...
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

200.. is that it?? i drive close to 600 every week... for the past two years! yea its probably your lifters... get a good tune up and it should help
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    OMG i was about to make a thread about this.

Mine sounds like its from the transmision though. 1-2 minutes its effing loud then it stops when it warms up.

Sounds like a rattle can.

Im at 55k.

youtube - "lifter tick" and see if it sounds the same

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10
    200.. is that it?? i drive close to 600 every week... for the past two years! yea its probably your lifters... get a good tune up and it should help
    thats one way... so its a total of 400 plus city driving that i did.

not trying to start a pissing match but yeah, i got the car in January of last year, with 10k on it and am now at 60k. thats alot at least for me.

i have that same problem now that its getting cold, goes away after winter though, i was told its our lifters and they need there clearences checked after like 60k
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

got my car into the shop had a 60k service done to it, and no more noises, but now my drivers side rear door is inop, i cant open it from the outside or inside and when i try to unlock it manually, the lock button is immovable. im taking it back tomorrow to get looked at. im still under warranty so it shouldn't be a problem getting it fixed.

Get your Car lubed maybe you need need some fluid changes

im not sure if it the same sounds ur talking about but when i turn on my car it sounds almost like a diesel...... i took it into the dealership 3 times they said "they dont here it" so i took it to some different shops and was told it was the exhaust manifold.... came back to the dealership and told them that several shops said it was the exhaust manifold... they still denied hearing it... so i left the car at the dealership overnight so it cools down completly and the next morning when they turned it on they finaly heard it but they said its not covered by the warenty..... evern tho i got the extended bumper to bumper warenty and got all the warentys i posibly could have.... same thing with the door handle.... i was opening the door and it popped out so i took it to the dealership and they told me warent doesnn't cover it and it will cost around $500 cuz the gotta take apart the door and get a new handle... bla bla bla...... and then the 3rd incident was my sound system.... the cd changer stoped working... it wasn't playing my cds it wouldn't eject them and so on.... when i took it to the dealership.... hey guess what they told me.... not covered by warenty. I fliped out and then all of a sudden they found on the comp that it is under warenty..... im very disapointed by this and i have a feeling im getting fucked over and over by mitsu.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004-gts View Post
    im not sure if it the same sounds ur talking about but when i turn on my car it sounds almost like a diesel...... i took it into the dealership 3 times they said "they dont here it" so i took it to some different shops and was told it was the exhaust manifold.... came back to the dealership and told them that several shops said it was the exhaust manifold... they still denied hearing it... so i left the car at the dealership overnight so it cools down completly and the next morning when they turned it on they finaly heard it but they said its not covered by the warenty..... evern tho i got the extended bumper to bumper warenty and got all the warentys i posibly could have.... same thing with the door handle.... i was opening the door and it popped out so i took it to the dealership and they told me warent doesnn't cover it and it will cost around $500 cuz the gotta take apart the door and get a new handle... bla bla bla...... and then the 3rd incident was my sound system.... the cd changer stoped working... it wasn't playing my cds it wouldn't eject them and so on.... when i took it to the dealership.... hey guess what they told me.... not covered by warenty. I fliped out and then all of a sudden they found on the comp that it is under warenty..... im very disapointed by this and i have a feeling im getting fucked over and over by mitsu.
    The best longterm warranty is to buy a Hayne/service manual; read and study and dive in. You must wean yourself off the dealers as much an early as possible. Once your factory warranty is over you won't be stressed so much after doing things on your own to your car and in the longrun you'll have a better maintained car all the while saving big $$$. Working on your own car is not that hard and is actually rewarding once you dive in and gain some confidence on wrenching on your ride.

this thread is almost a year old...

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Damn noobs!