The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JE Pistons...

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

JE Pistons...

sry if this has been talked about before or if its in the worng sections... :( lock it it has lol well i just read the new issue of Modified Mag. n saw this n thought it might be interesting...
    "JE Pistons
    Forged Mitsubishi 4G43 & 4G64 Pistons
    JE Pistons has pistons in stock for turbocharged Mitsubishi 4G63 & 4G64 engines. These pistons will fit the Mitsubishi Evolution VIII and IX, Eclipse, and Eagle Talon. Stroker piston designs are available for 4G63 engines using 4G64 (100mm) crankshaft. All pistons are CNC machined from 2618 aluminum alloy and desgined to handle high horsepower applications. High quality carbon steel wrist pins and wire locks are included.
    www.jepistons.com
    714-898-9763"
    -Directly from Modified Mag.

I thought that i would discuss these now even though i dnt have a turbocharged engine.... yet.. :smt003

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

yup been talked about. They are for 4g64 blocks with the 63 head (dohc) so you cant just get those for a 4g64 without the head changed....as far as I can tell anyways

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Correct.

The only "shelf" pistons that JE makes is for DSM's and EVO 2.0, 2.3 and 2.4 w/DOHC. They do not make a 4G64 piston for use with the SOHC head, although I see no reason that you couldnt use the one made for the headswap, but you would have to do the math to get your compression ratio in order as it would differ due to headgasket thickness and combustion chamber volume difference betwee the DOHC and SOHC head. JE will also custom make any piston to your specs for another $100-$150 with a 3-6 week lead time.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS