The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ebay HID's? Am I stupid?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

Ebay HID's? Am I stupid?

double post

Ebay HID's? Am I stupid?

Recently I purchased a set of Xentec HID's and of course when I plugged them in they would not work from the get go. I emailed the person I bought them from and they said the first thing you should try is flipping the polarity of the terminal. (IE reverse the red and black wire.) isnt this a major freaking no no due to the high voltage. and just insures a blown fuse or is there somthing about HID's that I do not know. This should an easy install and I was thinking he is just crazy

if youhave a plug and play kit.... then you jsut flip the stock conector where it plugs into your hid's

it make take a little force or modification.
    but thats what i had to do when i installed hid's on my father's diamante

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i have xentec hid kit , and all of them work perfect, maybe if your firts time installing hid , you have to make sure youre plug in correct, but if not yeah conctac the seller, good luck

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

H.I.D.'s should be plug and play. Try mounting the Ballasts on something other than metal.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover
    H.I.D.'s should be plug and play. Try mounting the Ballasts on something other than metal.
    Why would that make a difference? I am in the market myself and I have been looking for places to mount the balasts when I get em

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

HIDs wont work if the polarity is reversed, when I bought mine, i just plugged the 2 wires in and they didnt work, i reversed the wires and they worked

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover
    Why would that make a difference? I am in the market myself and I have been looking for places to mount the balasts when I get em
    My buddy installed a H.I.D. kit on his volvo. He mounted it on metal and it didnt work... so he mounted it on a plastic radiator shorud and it worked...

just trying to help. I have the f1spec kit and install couldnt have gone anymore perfect.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

So let me get this straight, it is a plug and play kit, so Im going to connect the black wire with red and vice versa. Sorry to ask but it seems like its going agianst everything I've been taught lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 98TintedGalant
    So let me get this straight, it is a plug and play kit, so Im going to connect the black wire with red and vice versa. Sorry to ask but it seems like its going agianst everything I've been taught lol.
    wait you have a 7G right? doesn't the 7G low beam section use an H4 bulb? that means there's 2 positive wires and one ground... make sure you are connecting one wire to positive and one wire to ground, not one to low beam positive and the other to the high beam positive.... they may not be working because you are connecting them completely wrong and even if you switch polarity, they will not work. go get a mult-tester and ID the wires.

9006 and 9005 for USDM 7G. The H4 is in JDM.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by bmore303
    9006 and 9005 for USDM 7G. The H4 is in JDM.
    oic. thanks! i knew i remember hearing 7G used H4 low... foregot that it was JDM!

Flipping the wires worked. Nothing can compare to HID's. 8000k looks awesome. Small amount of glare but not too bad.

Experienced TGC Member
    HAHAHAHAH.. Sounds as if u bought from the same person i did... He told me to do the same thing.. And i asked him if it messed anything up am i covered under warranty.. he guranteed me so i did it and they worked.. Oh man the glory of riding with hid's.... Now any other light doesnt seem to compare! The best 80 bucks i ever spent for damn sure!

link me to the auction where u bought them cuz i'm interested when i get my new heads :twisted:
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

the guys name was Auto Illumnation. Seriously I thought he was nuts but he was unbelievably nice and was like if this doesnt work i'd be very glad to replace them for you.

Best ebay ive ever delt with

Oddly enough I bought the same kit for my 7G. Flipping the wires is the trick! Who would've guessed?!

Now I can stop pulling my hair trying to figure out why they weren't working for me. Excellent news.

HID is only $80 now? sheesh, my first HID kit was over $700!

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    HID is only $80 now? sheesh, my first HID kit was over $700!
    Yeah but that was when they were a ton.

Okay, another question regarding these. It's sort of a question/problem.

I have melted connectors for my low beams, and the lights don't always stay on and sometimes flicker when I hit rough pavement, etc.

The HID kit came with some wiring I might want to use. The instructions claim I can wire the lights in from the relay so I don't have to use my old plugs.

Where is the relay? Or, if that's too complicated to do myself, where can I buy a 9006 plug so they aren't all melted and unreliable?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast