The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Coil overs___ help!!!

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Coil overs___ help!!!

Got an important question for all you galant owners out there. I have a 2003 es, i just ordered coilovers for it off of ebay, said they were compatible with 99-05 galants. the problem is with the fronts. the inner diameter of the coilovers is roughly 51 mm, now the problem comes with the shock, on top of the shock there is a brass looking cap that looks like it holds in all the seals, now the problem is that the diameter of this is roughly 56mm now im wondering if it is safe to take this cap off. or if i have to get new shocks. please let me know if anyone else has run into this problem, if not i have to try to get the seller to give my money back. Thanks

Which coilovers did you get?

they were an off brand one that had a scale going down the side, not sure

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Link to the eBay auction or one like it?
    7g for life!

The front ones look almost identical to the ones shown, the rear ones look different

don't install them. installing them will do more harm than good.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

its a little late now, im gonna install em if they are goona work, cause i certainly cant afford anything more at f#%$in 7$ an hour.LOL. and i really wanna get rid of the 4in of clearence between the tire and wheel well

ya, dont put those on!!! i had those same POS coils and they are now sitting in my closet. u will hate them after u put them on..i say just save up and buy springs if u wanna go cheap but good. ur ride quality will suck with those things on
    My car has mood swings..

fine with me. don't take my advice. but don't come around here crying because you damaged your car even more by installing them.

i'd rather drive around a car with a 4 inch wheel gap than push a car thats broken with no wheel gap.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

okay i emailed the seller and am waiting on a response, gonna attempt to return them, what would be a cheap but better alternative than the coilovers, i figures lowering springs but where could i find a good set for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by GalantES4Cly
    okay i emailed the seller and am waiting on a response, gonna attempt to return them, what would be a cheap but better alternative than the coilovers, i figures lowering springs but where could i find a good set for cheap.
    for quality things you got to pay

springs and shock will run about $300

coilovers about $1000 and up

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

^ yup never cheep out on suspension/brakes things save ur life
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by GalantES4Cly
    I have some Progress Spring I had on my car...willing to sell. PM sent