The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2 piston or 4 piston

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

2 piston or 4 piston

i have 4 piston rotora in the front, now i want to replace the drum with BBK,

4 piston rotaro cost 1550 shipped
    2 piston rotaro cost 1300 shipped

i know the front do most of the braking so what do you guys think? the price is close and i am willing to pay, just dont know if the 4 piston will be more than i need.

thanks

sunny

if you allready have 4 pot in front, 4 pot in rear would be useless, get 2 pot for the rear. do they even make a rear BBK?

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    if you allready have 4 pot in front, 4 pot in rear would be useless, get 2 pot for the rear. do they even make a rear BBK?
    yea they do, the rotor size would be the same as the front 330x30

and thanks for the fast reply,

i respect my galant as it is, use to drive like adiot when i first got her and now i drive like a grandpa, always drive the speed limit and my stock pad lasted me 43000 miles and i decided to go with BBK, and boy those rotora can really STOP,

there is only a $250 difference between the 2 and 4 piston kits why not get the 4 i know its over kill but its difference

you got any pictures of the fronts? sounds like a sweet setup
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated
    there is only a $250 difference between the 2 and 4 piston kits why not get the 4 i know its over kill but its difference

you got any pictures of the fronts? sounds like a sweet setup
    brake balance. it would lock up the rears on hard braking.

awww true i didnt think about that
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    yeah