The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Official 10g Photos..(actually 9G-b)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 79
    Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for some major body change for the 10G. Oh well next car is the Ralliart hopefully and i think i'll stop at that.

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

Experienced TGC Member
    Not feeling it :smt011 I think they sould go back to the 8g style.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    I like the rims......yea thats about it

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    where's that pic of the other galant with a new body?

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Definitely not what I was expecting...
    ~Lady Driven~

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepervr-4
    Not feeling it :smt011 I think they sould go back to the 8g style.
    why would they put a dated design back on the market.

yeah the jdm 8g's were hot.....

but in stock form.... the 8g usdm was never a looker if it wasn't a 8gB gtz

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

damn that suxs... real talk that dont even look "new" not wat i expected from mitsu..

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    2007-2008 Galant have been redesigned. Though seeing these pictures its not that different from the 9G. But I guess we need more information to be sure.
    I haven't seen that many 9G's to notice the changes. Like in the beginning when I got my 8G, I could count on both hands how many times I seen another Galant pass by (now they're every where), but for the 9G, I don't even pay attention really. Besides seeing the Ralliart G at the 05 MOD, I seen one other (hell, what are they called? THey're not the GTZ anymore) top of the line Galant. Just one.

Quote Originally Posted by galant3jl12's
    I believe you on the ralliart. But I did have the unfortunate oppurtunity to have a 9g rental car a couple years back it was the ES and was terrible. The car was is good shape too low miles it hadn't been a rental car for long so that wasn't the reason why it drove like shit. After that I've had a bad impression of the 9g. I think the ralliart was a good step but its overpriced not as good as the competition and isn't worth it. The Toyota Camry V-6 is better it has more power, better MPG and doesn't require premium and I hate toyota but damn I not stupid. Right now if I had to get a family sedan I would go w/ the Altima. Its pricier but a better car. Believe me I'm just as dissappointed that the galant lost some of its luster. The 9g may be better than the 8g but its not better than the camry, dare i say accord and certainly not better than the altima. I wish mitsu would do a "radical" rebuild of the galant.
    i dont get it... you knew it was an ES, you knew it was an i4 and your quick compare that it drove like shit when your comparing your rental ride on the 9g 4 banger to a V6 Camry

i do agree, a complete make over is needed... and it looks almost too similar to the 9g. Maybe some color pics and some more specs may sway more people...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Come back and post when you have real pictures of a 10g Redesign, not a major change up of the 9gens. :|

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    That sucks!!!!!!!!! This would have been so much better

The inside is still the same too. I like the 9g but this is no way a 10g, It is more like a 9gC.
    I found this on another car Forum:
    The redesigned Outlander crossover and entry-level Lancer sedan have helped fuel a rebound in Mitsubishi's U.S. sales.

But U.S. dealers were not impressed with sketches of the 2009 Galant sedan and Endeavor crossover at dealer meetings this year in Japan and the United States.

"We all gave them the thumbs down," said one dealer. He said those models basically only get new bumpers.

"It's like putting perfume on a pig," he said. "Like changing your fingernail color."

Dealers were counting on radical changes for the Galant and Endeavor to help keep the brand's sales momentum. Mitsubishi sources say dealers saw freshened models, not the redesigns coming later.

Lancer: The Lancer has been redesigned for the 2008 model year, and sales began in the spring. The Lancer is the first Mitsubishi sold in this country with a continuously variable transmission.

The redesigned high-performance Lancer Evolution is the big news. Sales begin next year. The 10th-generation Evo will have a new 300-plus-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine. A dual-clutch automated six-speed manual transmission will be offered, along with all-wheel drive.

"The Lancer architecture will be the star for Mitsubishi in the coming years," a company source said. "There will be lots of flavors of Lancer."

An optional turbocharged four-cylinder engine is expected for non-Evolution models. The company plans to add a Lancer hatchback for the 2009 model year. A diesel will be available in 2010.

Eclipse: A freshening is scheduled for the 2011 model year. Plans include updated styling and a power boost.

Galant: The mid-sized sedan will be reskinned for the 2009 model year.

The date for the redesign is unclear. Sources say a stretched version of the automaker's C platform may be used. That platform is used for the Lancer and Outlander.

Mitsubishi may follow Chrysler's path. Chrysler and Mitsubishi initially worked together to develop the C platform until DaimlerChrysler cut its stake in Mitsubishi. Then Chrysler went its separate way, developing two sizes of vehicles with its version of the platform: the Dodge Caliber, Jeep Compass and Patriot and the larger Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Avenger.

Pajero Pinin: This is a smaller version of the Pajero SUV that is sold in Europe and Japan. Mitsubishi may export this small vehicle to the United States after it is redesigned around the 2011 model year. It will be bigger and more powerful than the current model.

Outlander: For the 2008 model year, Mitsubishi will add its version of the 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine it co-developed with DaimlerChrysler and Hyundai. Previously, only a 3.0-liter V-6 was offered. A diesel will be available for the 2010 model year.

Endeavor: The crossover is scheduled for a freshening for the 2009 model year, but the Endeavor may be killed around the 2011 or 2012 model year.

Montero: This SUV was killed at the end of the 2006 model year because Mitsubishi did not have the budget to meet U.S. regulations. The Montero may return as a 2011 model.

Raider: The pickup, which is based on the Dodge Dakota, arrived in the 2006 model year but has been a bust for Mitsubishi. After the 2008 model year, when the three-year contract expires, sources say the Raider will fade away.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by njjfudge
    That sucks!!!!!!!!! This would have been so much better

x2 This is what the 9G shouldve been. But since it wasnt, this is what the 10G should be. I understand they shouldnt use the exact same style as the 8G. But, they should at least try to resemble it. Not go with some horrible new design. Granted the 9G Ralliart is a sweet PERFORMING car. But it doesnt look attractive. Im being quite honest when i say this....but the 8G and 7G were the best Galant designs ever made. The 8G being first, and the 7G a cloooose second.

Mitsubishi keeps up with these not so attractive looking cars and ill be buying this right here next.....

I love the way HOnda is constantly improving the design generation after generation :twisted:

sweet.

i think the ralliart is a very very hot car.

i drove and drooled on a black one. the car was perfect.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    i think the ralliart is a very very hot car.

i drove and drooled on a black one. the car was perfect.
    DOHCstunr do you have a ralliart 9g at the house just haven't told any one yet????????

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

if he doesnt fix up his 7g then i bet there will be one there.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Well.. For some of you wondering the price on the car.. I don't know yet.. We just ordered a bunch of these along with 40 Evo X's.. I'd say the price is probably going up a grand..

And Stunr... The RalliArt is a sick ass car.. I drive em all the time.. I love them..

And yeah I guess they could have done better but you shouldn't judge by just the pics.. I can't wait to see what they feel like.. But trust me.. I'll let you guys know right away when I drive one.. I'll take plenty of pics too..

i like the new tail lights thats about it. they shouldve changed the headlights too...

i am really digging the new honda accord. i have been seeing a lot of them on the road lately

I think it looks like ass. The wheels are OK, but the rest of the car would look better as scrap metal. I saw a Lancer that had that same grill...Bleh.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    looks pretty good

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast