The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My High-Boost Engine Build - 6G72

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast
Showing results 641 to 660 of 715
    Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I'd plan for a crack, but thats just me. If I plan for it to be cracked and its not, I generally feel better about it then when I dont think its cracked and it is.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

WarmAndSCSI
    Wow, that's probably not the attitude I'm going have with this... 7th? teardown/rebuild. I don't like to convince myself I'm going to spend more money than I already am. So, tell me, how much money have you dumped into your engine? Cause I can go over to the "How much have you spent on your Galant" thread and give you all some crazy perspective on how much performance costs. I'd be a dick too and multiply my time spent by a reasonable labor rate.

Okay... bearings, rings, gaskets, seals, and timing belt/pulleys/tensioner ordered. Things left: misc. supplies/fluids and machine shop work.

TGC Regular
    Wow this thread got huge.... I lost count of the last page I read up to.
    Is your car running again? I'm assuming it is.
    By the way what is your car doing chasing that silver 8G in your sig? =o Should be the other way around!
    Who's silver 8g is that anyway?
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

Quote Originally Posted by komodo View Post
    (shakes head in disappointment and disbelief)
    i really hope you are kidding

WarmAndSCSI
    Wow this thread got huge.... I lost count of the last page I read up to.
    Is your car running again? I'm assuming it is.
    By the way what is your car doing chasing that silver 8G in your sig? =o Should be the other way around!
    ...no, my car isn't fucking running. Read the thread.

No comment on the other stuff. :|

TGC Regular
    lol fine. I'll do it the hard way.
    No spoon feeding me today =[

WarmAndSCSI
    lol fine. I'll do it the hard way.
    No spoon feeding me today =[
    Or you could not litter my thread with off-topic posts.

Seriously, the last 2 pages or so have been about my latest engine woes. It's really not that hard to follow. The stuff I post is pretty damn intelligible.

TGC Regular
    It is. And I know it. I'm just being lazy because I forgot where I read up to last.
    I'll be reading from the start... on well afterwork.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    Wow, that's probably not the attitude I'm going have with this... 7th? teardown/rebuild. I don't like to convince myself I'm going to spend more money than I already am. So, tell me, how much money have you dumped into your engine? Cause I can go over to the "How much have you spent on your Galant" thread and give you all some crazy perspective on how much performance costs. I'd be a dick too and multiply my time spent by a reasonable labor rate.

Okay... bearings, rings, gaskets, seals, and timing belt/pulleys/tensioner ordered. Things left: misc. supplies/fluids and machine shop work.
    Wow dude. You act like I have never rebuilt a motor or driveline only to have it fail the second its running again, and done this multiple times. Granted none of them cost near as much as your motor, but christ dude.

Ever had to buy a new $300 block everytime the motor pre-ignited.

I know your going to go into the but these pistons cost $XXX blah blah, but its all the same. I dont have as much money to spend, so lesser amounts hurt me just as much.

WarmAndSCSI
    This engine has cost me at least 6-7 grand by now not including my own labor time. You may feel a little bit of my pain, but I doubt you've spent this much on your Galant's engine alone. Frustration is frustration, you're right, but I'm getting to the point of not wanting to mess with this any more. The positive thing is that my biggest fans have all told me to go ahead and get it finished, so I will.

I absolutly know the feeling, back when I was 14 racing T-Maxx's I had a set up that would blow the tranny, and both diffs every time I went WOT. I rebuilt the driveline 30+ times each time getting stouter and stouter with the drivline parts, yet they kept breaking, I'd set the backlash on the diffs and at one point, my final point, put on aluminum cases with titanium internals and the thing still shreaded. On that one the clutch also failed after it had twisted the frame so it gouged a hole in my tuned pipe and frame plate, also bending the center titanium CV shaft.

At that point I tossed it in a corner in my basement and havent touched it since. I had over $1800 wrapped up in a totally destroyed drivline that ran for 3/10ths of a second. And this is in a remote controlled car. Not nearly as much, but still.

I dont even have 1/10th invested in my motor on the galant as you do, but I wouldnt say I dont know what its like to have repeated dissapointments like that.

Your build is doable, and you should definatly keep at it, wheras I was just throwing waaayy too much money at a piece of shit platform, not even designed to take 1/100th of what I was throwing at it.

i wouldnt call it a complete piece of shit, remember this platform was never designed for our type of consumer and then again it has a better designed suspension than that of the maxima and most other midship platorms that compete with the galant. i think the things we are doing to this car are things that mitsu should have done from the factory. i mean nissan made the altima SE-R, why is it just now that mitsu is coming out with a ralliart galant?

tim man keep at it and just keep keeping on because all these trials and tribulations will turn into sweet sweet victory when we get back and this thing is turning better times than some of the IDRC cars!

WarmAndSCSI
    He was calling his RC car platform a POS.

And he's Tim, I'm TJ, got damnit!

God boost, keep up here, you should know that I frequently and add like jump topics.

well there is my ownage and fail for the month. i get no more. gladly i only need one! thanks TJ lol

anyway it still holds true what i was mentioning about the galant as a viable platform for modding if done right, its just that we are virtually reengineering the galant the further we get with these projects ya know

Yup, I know I've taken mine through things faster than mistubishi figured they would ever go.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I am one of the few people here that can relate to the financial pain that multiple engine builds puts you through. I myself am on built motor #3 total motors #4
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

MGB2003
    Just keep at it TJ. Things will work out for the best and that engine will be awesome when it is finished. Not to mention, it will be putting up some huge numbers when it is rebuilt and you slap that turbo on there.

WarmAndSCSI
    Well, I tore down the old block (the one I blew living my life a quarter mile at a time) today. Quite a bit of carnage. First off, when I was checking out the block, I noticed the #3 piston had about 1/4" of play in the bore. I had tipped the block over to look at what I had to do and then tipped it back up and the piston fell back down in the bore. Needless to say, I was prepared for some serious damage. Pulled the oil pan and then pulled out the 6 pistons. #3 had no rod bearing left... at all. The rod was bent severely as well. Pulled the crank and found that all of the main bearings were trashed. No wonder this damn engine seized toward the end. Just goes to show that a hurt engine (was just a single popped piston to begin with) can completely destroy itself withing a matter of miles. The main enemy here was heat.

Some photos:

MGB2003
    Damn that is horrible dude.

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast