The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: saw this video on club3g

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

saw this video on club3g

with all the new turbo builds going on lets remember *do not rush your build* ...yes boosting our car is relatively easy to do but you should not cut corners just to have a turbo on your car

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jw...4022638wv3.flv

there are at least 5 things wrong with the car in that video and its just not worth it to ruin your car... you should not even turn the car on in a state like that

*i am by no means making fun of that member cuz my first setup was not pretty either*

the whistle you hear is open o2 housing lol i drove it to the exhaust shop down the street like that haha it was lots of fun
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    does those plastic tubes hold pressure?

whats wrong with that whistle? alot of boosted cars make that noise
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Ya that doesn't sound too good. It definately looks like a "homemade" cheapo turbo kit.

on my setup the white car i build that kit for 500 and made 185whp i think, its been awhile lol

the pipes held fine but it was just to get it started and get all the kinks out then a week later i made this (it was fun beating car with that cheap ass setup tho hahaha

startup setup
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

True, i will take heed of the warning. I don't wanna blow up my engine or have any kind of leaks whatsoever. That why i'm trying to get all the good reliable parts i need for the build. Not gonna be cheap either :(
    I think the hard part for my build is the misc. fittings that i have to have for my turbo. Still gotta get gaskets, lines, etc.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial