The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: hi, I have a '97 Galant ES and I want some info on smal mods

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 49
    roman

hi, I have a '97 Galant ES and I want some info on smal mods

first of all, if you have one like mine that is lowered, what did you lower it with? coilovers or springs?
    woudl I need new shocks or struts if i was to get coilover set or springs? if yes, then new shocks with either one?
    where can I find a nice intake for the car? nothing major .....
    anyone has those super white/blue light bulbs? if yes, how do you liek them and are they worthy? or better save up strait for the HID kit?
    indoglo gauges, where to find them and are they worthy?
    tint, I wanted to do a tint same color as my car ... gold tint, not chomre gold and black, just plain same color as car

on a final note, if there is someone that is in my area and could help me out a little, I would be thankfull.

My plans right now: this is my 4th car, it has an all leather interior with wood grain, its light brown(cofee and cream) with same interior color, no mods on it or anything as of yet
    what I planned to do is, first since I am a bass freak I am currently re-doing my sound system, my last one was stolen
    here is a link to my last car: http://www.sounddomain.com/id/gromang
    after I am done with the soundsystem my plans were to maybe lower the car, no lower than 2", maybe get a set of 17" rims and tint

if you have some ideas I am open to them, if you have a link to your car that is same as mine, I would be thankfull

if you need help with your stereo, i am fairly knowledgable and I could give an advice to anyone who wants it, you can post here or e-mail me or AIM me, I do not use MSN really often

well, thanks, I hope to enjoy this board
    my real name is Roman and I'm in upstate NY

Thanks for all the help, Roman

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the most i can comment on is the hyper/super white bulbs. whatever you do, don't get the 20 dollar ones at pep boys. they're shit. mine were about 50 for both, and i got the bottom of the line imports. and holy shit, they're white. and these were bottom of the line. its soooooo WHITE. i'd probably get PIAs, since they're white and brighter. with super whites, you loose about 10-20% visibility since there is a physical screen over the bulb. it's nothing major, but slightly noticeable.

as for the indiglo gauges, i havn't put them in, i want to really bad, but they seem like the biggest pain the ass. running power from another souce to the gauges is such a nightmare. they look gnarly at night, and they're well worth it, after you suffer the installation. you can get them off ebay for some really good prices (close to 20 bucks after s/h).

as for an intake, right now i have an extremely simple and inexpensive set up. i left the intake STOCK all the way to the MAS. right after the MAS, i have the adapter bolted on to convert the oval shape to the perfect circle (i think it's 4 inches?) and then just a plain filter. it's pretty much ram air intake, but i have plans for the infamous home made cold air intake, extremely cheap but requires a lot of work.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

roman
    well in that link my Prizm has indiglo's right now ..... my dad drives it ... runing power is not a problem, since I will be installing a stereo and will be runing a power wires for system anyways

for the intake, where or how did u get the adaptor?

and for bulbs, they are 9006's right?

thanks

TGC Regular

Re: hi, I have a '97 Galant ES and I want some info on smal

Ok first of all do a search......you should find everything you are looking for if you do that.

Ok here it goes....as for lowering..well that is my next step...there are a couple coilovers made for our car like arospeed and also some on ebay. But it is said that springs and coilovers which are made for eclipse 95-99 turbo/non turbo will fit our 7g.

For the intakes...this should help...click here I have the MAS adapter/ filter for now...look on ebay. Lots of stuff on there.

For the bulbs...there are millions of brands out there. I went through like 5 pairs until i found a pair tht was right for me. But be careful of the wattage cause it can and it will melt your harnesses. Mine went after a year. 9006=low bean 9005=high beam

For the indiglo gauges...also ebay!!! or procarparts.com for indiglos which you can get on ebay also
    Hope this helps though
    Im Broke! Send Donations to "Brandon's Future Mods Fund"

TGC Regular
    Heres some helpful links to get you through your day

Indiglos..
    Regular
    Reverse
    Reverse with donut<---These are SWEET!!!
    Or if your not into Ebay check out Procarparts.com

Mas Adapter/Filter
    ONE
    TWO
    THREE
    FOUR<----I have this one. Fits perfectly!!

As you can see i like Ebay...you can find alot of stuff for your Gride on there as long as you dont get ripped off.

roman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok first of all do a search......you should find everything you are looking for if you do that.

Ok here it goes....as for lowering..well that is my next step...there are a couple coilovers made for our car like arospeed and also some on ebay. Â*But it is said that springs and coilovers which are made for eclipse 95-99 turbo/non turbo will fit our 7g. Â*

For the intakes...this should help...click here Â*I have the MAS adapter/ filter for now...look on ebay. Â*Lots of stuff on there.

For the bulbs...there are millions of brands out there. Â*I went through like 5 pairs until i found a pair tht was right for me. Â*But be careful of the wattage cause it can and it will melt your harnesses. Â*Mine went after a year. Â*9006=low bean Â* Â*9005=high beam

For the indiglo gauges...also ebay!!! Â*or procarparts.com for indiglos which you can get on ebay also
    Hope this helps though</div>

I've been lookin on ebay ....... using that MAS adapter and K&N cone filter?
    for light bulbs I went throu 4 sets 1 APC(PIECE OF CRAP) and 2 Eurolites ..... then went back to yellow because I burned 2 harnesses ...

and for srpings, I know Eibach makes a set ..... also on nopionline.com they have Skunk2 coilover set for like 350 which I think is a good deal ...... for a 7th Gen galant ...... I am not sure if that is a *full set* or not ,,, here's a link ........ http://nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction...010&vcatdesc=''

and for 'glo's I will take a look right now ........ tnx

BEAST
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>Heres some helpful links to get you through your day Â*:) Â*

Indiglos..
    url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6773&item=18751568 20]Reverse with donut<---These are SWEET!!![/url]
    Or if your not into Ebay check out Procarparts.com</div>
    Hey those look fermiliar. Oh yea that what I got. Yea those are pretty sweet indiglos. They look really good. They weren't really too hard to put in though like you said. The thing that took longest was finding where to hook them up too. If I remembered I would tell ya to save you the time but I forgot. I connected it to my dash though. Just don't know where exactly.

BEAST

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roman)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*
    and for srpings, I know Eibach makes a set ..... also on nopionline.com they have Skunk2 coilover set for like 350 which I think is a good deal ...... for a 7th Gen galant ...... I am not sure if that is a *full set* or not ,,, here's a link ........</div>
    One yes it is a complete set. But if you are going to spend $350 bucks on Skunk2 coilovers, if it were me, I would just save up 50 more dollars and get the Ground Control Coilovers. I think they are $399.99. Ground control's springs are made by Eibach too so you know that it's quality. Thats just what I think though. I am a cheap bastard so I will either go with the spring tech coilovers on E-bay for 89.99 or spend 50 dollars more for the aerospeeds.

TGC Regular
    Yeah the wiring is easy and Im dumb when it comes to that. I hooked them up to my dimmer control so they come one when you turn your lights on. But i dont remember what color wire it was though cause there were quite a few.

Experienced TGC Member
    Come on people, let's get it together.

If you do indeed buy the gauges, the best place to tap them in is at the dimmer switch to the left of the steering wheel.

Green= positive
    Black= duh

As for suspension... there are so many options now that I don't even want to get started. All depends on your budget and how low you want to go. Do you want it adjustable or just slammed?
    High Quality or inexpensive?
    Made for the Galant or doesn't matter?
    Warranty or not?
    New struts too, alignment, and camber are things to consider.

Do your homework first and figure out what suits your needs. If you have any questions after that... post em.

BTW, Is there a specific reason this is a "sticky"?
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

TGC Regular

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am a cheap bastard so I will either go with the spring tech coilovers on E-bay for 89.99 or spend 50 dollars more for the aerospeeds.</div>

I hear ya. Thats what im doing unless i can come up with some dough.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>Come on people, let's get it together.

If you do indeed buy the gauges, the best place to tap them in is at the dimmer switch to the left of the steering wheel. Â*

Green= positive
    Black= duh</div>

Do i hear an echo??? HAHA

Experienced TGC Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Do i hear an echo??? Â*HAHA Â* Â* Â*</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Do i hear an echo??? Â*HAHA Â* Â* Â* </div>
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

roman
    k its sticky cause Im a lazy ass lol nah ....... for the indiglos I will have them set to a switch so thats no problem ....... or hook it up to a dimmer ... we will see ......... for the kit I was thinkin if its a coilover kit, then dont go over 400 ..... or about 200 for the spring set ..... how low? no lower than 2" ........ like 1" or 1.5" ........ and no not slammed ...... just to get rid of that high ride look it got now with 14" rims ...... I think it will get worse if I get a set of 17" rims ........ for the intake ........ if I get that adapter then i will get an K&N cone filter .... take out my air box and hook it all up ther corect? thanks all

roman
    oh yeah ........ that ground control kit ..... thats a full kit right? will I need new shocks ans/or struts for it ? ........ actually ...... what does Galant uses ? shocks or struts? tnx

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roman)</div><div class='quotemain'>k its sticky cause Im a lazy ass lol Â* Â* nah ....... for the indiglos I will have them set to a switch so thats no problem ....... or hook it up to a dimmer ... we will see Â*......... for the kit I was thinkin if its a coilover kit, then dont go over 400 ..... or about 200 for the spring set ..... how low? no lower than 2" ........ like 1" or 1.5" ........ and no not slammed ...... just to get rid of that high ride look it got now with 14" rims ...... I think it will get worse if I get a set of 17" rims ........ for the intake ........ if I get that adapter then i will get an K&N cone filter .... take out my air box and hook it all up ther corect? thanks all</div>

Springs lower like 2" Coilovers can lower 1-4" (correct me if im wrong guys)

Yup taking out the black box is the hardest part..cause there are a couple bolts hidden..but once you find them it should be easy from there.

roman
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Springs lower like 2" Â*Coilovers can lower 1-4" (correct me if im wrong guys) Â*

Yup taking out the black box is the hardest part..cause there are a couple bolts hidden..but once you find them it should be easy from there.</div>

yes coilovers, usually, lower from 1 to 4 I know that
    that Ground Control is all I will need to lower the car though correct? nothing else, no struts or shocks or anything? just alignment etc .. ?

and that black box ........ I'll hack it out wiht hammer

now any1 kows where I could find a cone filtr online from K&N besides ebay? there arent any on ebay with buy it nwo thing

TGC Regular
    Oh yeah if you do get the adapter, keep in mind that the MAS/filter will fall lower then where it is now because there isnt any support. You can leave like that or make up some kind of bracket....like this..

I made this one..it does the trick...

roman
    dat first pic didnt really work ..... I went to your page and saw waht meant more tho
    nice car there
    I cant figure out wher epeople get them blue/clear luights for corners and stuff lol

back to business ...... how did u make the braket to hold tha filter?

BEAST
    You will still have to buy new struts with the GC. They do not come with them. You could probably get away with ridin on your stock struts for about 2 months though if you don't slam it.

roman
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>You will still have to buy new struts with the GC. Â*They do not come with them. Â*You could probably get away with ridin on your stock struts for about 2 months though if you don't slam it.</div>

then why get da coilover kit?
    then its better to get springs ..... or ...... well yea .... I mean the effect will be the same ....... plus I dont plan to go all the way down to 4" ...... just a mere 1" to 1.5"

alright then ..... what about those Sprint and Aerospeed springs .. are they good?

tnx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast