The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: hi, I have a '97 Galant ES and I want some info on smal mods

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 49
    BEAST
    The coilover kit is good if you live in a place say with a harsh winter where it will snow a lot or road conditions are bad. I live in Kansas and we have pretty hard winters. Therefore I am going with the coilover setup so that when winter comes around I can raise my car back up and not worry about the snow. If you do decide to get Coilovers you probably want to invest in getting some adjustable struts whenever you decide to get them. With spring you don't need them because you will only be at one height.

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>Oh yeah if you do get the adapter, keep in mind that the MAS/filter will fall lower then where it is now because there isnt any support. Â*You can leave like that or make up some kind of bracket....like this..

I made this one..it does the trick...
    </div>

I dont know why the pics are not working...if you want to see the second pic just click my Sig
    Im Broke! Send Donations to "Brandon's Future Mods Fund"

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    man where have i been! i got to this thread super late :retard:

7g for life!

roman
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>Oh yeah if you do get the adapter, keep in mind that the MAS/filter will fall lower then where it is now because there isnt any support. Â*You can leave like that or make up some kind of bracket....like this..

I made this one..it does the trick...
    </div>

I dont know why the pics are not working...if you want to see the second pic just click my Sig</div>

I didn tnx

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>man where have i been! Â*i got to this thread super late Â*:retard:

</div>

dats alright u can still reply

-----
    now, I am in upstate NY ...... I dont think these wwinters are bad ..... but then again, I'm russian(from Pacific North Coast) ..... so these winters aren't that ahrsh to me ..... hm ...... on ebay I think it was one of the links above or maybe I foudn it myself ... a sprint kit full with springs for like 150 or 200 I dont remember I will try to pull the link up ........ ah here it is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1875241941 <--------- peep dat

taht is approcimately what I am lookin for ...... does that kit has it all?

and would this be the coilover kit + I will need to get da struts right ..... -->http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1874747975

damn Im on the roll today ....... would this be a better adapter than the one above?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1875162284

tnx

BEAST
    Well either way if you go with coilovers or springs you will have to eventually get aftermarket struts. With the springs your OEM struts will last a little longer than on the coilovers because it isn't such a dramatic drop. So after you struts go YOU WILL NEED aftermarket struts because your OEM ones will keep blowing prematurly. I have never seen an adapter and filter like that WTF? I don't know about it. I would say just spend the extra couple of bucks and get a regular one.

roman
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well either way if you go with coilovers or springs you will have to eventually get aftermarket struts. Â*With the springs your OEM struts will last a little longer than on the coilovers because it isn't such a dramatic drop. Â*So after you struts go YOU WILL NEED aftermarket struts because your OEM ones will keep blowing prematurly. Â*I have never seen an adapter and filter like that WTF? Â*I don't know about it. Â*I would say just spend the extra couple of bucks and get a regular one.</div>

that sounds cool then ......... heheh I could go on and on with questions ....... alright then ...... what would be a nice set of struts? assumign I get those sprint springs(are they good?)
    and for the filter ...... if I could find a pipe wiht an opening same as in engine of a car and hook up the K&N filter to it ..... that would be an intake ........... also nopionline.com has RS_Akimoto intake for a 2.4 galant ES '97 ....... its $160 bux(*OUCH*) but worth it?

tnx

roman
    oh yeahm if u guys need any audio help please ask and dont hesitate ........

that first auction came with both struts and coilovers. the 8gers found those struts a few days back and everybody was contiplating whether to get em or not. I think BGR sent em an email regarding group buys also. I do not know the quality of them though. Jesse bought a pair of coilovers off of eBay not too long ago and has been pretty happy with em. He has some KYB AGXs all around and he says its still pretty bumpy, but he has it pretty low...the coilovers are raised as high as they will go and his car still sits about 2 in off the ground(mainly b/c of his kit) i dunno though. this is something i have always not wanted to skimp on
    7g for life!

roman
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>that first auction came with both struts and coilovers. Â*the 8gers found those struts a few days back and everybody was contiplating whether to get em or not. Â*I think BGR sent em an email regarding group buys also. Â*I do not know the quality of them though. Â*Jesse bought a pair of coilovers off of eBay not too long ago and has been pretty happy with em. Â*He has some KYB AGXs all around and he says its still pretty bumpy, but he has it pretty low...the coilovers are raised as high as they will go and his car still sits about 2 in off the ground(mainly b/c of his kit) i dunno though. Â*this is something i have always not wanted to skimp on</div>

hey Seth ....... your Galant is EXACTLY like mine lol
    what u use in those headlights? Street glow? non-flashin strobes are awesome ...... I had a set of flashin ones in my prizm ...... lol I had some people pull over thinkin I was some kind of emergency vehicle lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well either way if you go with coilovers or springs you will have to eventually get aftermarket struts. Â*With the springs your OEM struts will last a little longer than on the coilovers because it isn't such a dramatic drop. Â*So after you struts go YOU WILL NEED aftermarket struts because your OEM ones will keep blowing prematurly. Â*I have never seen an adapter and filter like that WTF? Â*I don't know about it. Â*I would say just spend the extra couple of bucks and get a regular one.</div>

that sounds cool then ......... heheh I could go on and on with questions ....... alright then ...... what would be a nice set of struts? assumign I get those sprint springs(are they good?)
    and for the filter ...... if I could find a pipe wiht an opening same as in engine of a car and hook up the K&N filter to it ..... that would be an intake ........... also nopionline.com has RS_Akimoto intake for a 2.4 galant ES '97 ....... its $160 bux(*OUCH*) but worth it?

tnx</div>

alright, alright...nice set of struts would be a set of KYB AGXs, there are a few more companies that make nice struts but i forget which.

for an intake alls you really have to do is get a MAS adaptor and filter. that metal tube between the MAS and throttle body is mainly for looks. but if you decide to get an intake, get a CAI...

thats my CAI. got the cold air extension from autozone...its a 92-95 or so Civic short ram pipe. and my short ram pipe is from arospeed. not really worth what i paid. best way to go is to go with the integra CAI kit off of eBay and then grab yourself a MAS adaptor off of eBay: 2 filters, CAI, and MAS adaptor for about $90

yeah, i have 4 blue LEDs in my headlights. they look pretty cool and cost $5 per LED off of eBay.
    7g for life!

BEAST
    As for intake just do what Seth did. Or atleast just buy the $22.00 kit off ebay. Seth do you know if BGR got any response from them?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'>Email sent. Â*Waiting on response.</div>
    7g for life!

roman
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well either way if you go with coilovers or springs you will have to eventually get aftermarket struts. Â*With the springs your OEM struts will last a little longer than on the coilovers because it isn't such a dramatic drop. Â*So after you struts go YOU WILL NEED aftermarket struts because your OEM ones will keep blowing prematurly. Â*I have never seen an adapter and filter like that WTF? Â*I don't know about it. Â*I would say just spend the extra couple of bucks and get a regular one.</div>

tnx</div>

alright, alright...nice set of struts would be a set of KYB AGXs, there are a few more companies that make nice struts but i forget which.

for an intake alls you really have to do is get a MAS adaptor and filter. that metal tube between the MAS and throttle body is mainly for looks. but if you decide to get an intake, get a CAI...

thats my CAI. got the cold air extension from autozone...its a 92-95 or so Civic short ram pipe. and my short ram pipe is from arospeed. not really worth what i paid. best way to go is to go with the integra CAI kit off of eBay and then grab yourself a MAS adaptor off of eBay: 2 filters, CAI, and MAS adaptor for about $90

yeah, i have 4 blue LEDs in my headlights. they look pretty cool and cost $5 per LED off of eBay.</div>

hey seth
    thanks for the info ..... is there anytin I should worry about when doin the CAI? why 2 filters? wud you be kind enough and maybe give me some links to the auctions ....... ?

thanks

you just get 2 filters cause each auction has a filter. if you get this one, you will have to cut a small chunk off of the short ram pipe cause it looks too long

I would get this and then this thats 2 filters and a CAI for around $90.
    7g for life!

roman
    should I get the K&N filter instead of the one that comes with that CAI?

o0 XeRO G 0o
    i dont mean to interupt the conversation, but i wish i wouldve seen this post earlier.

my only response that I can give is about the indiglos... i got the ones off of eBay with the donut in the middle. go to my page to see pics... they look sweet. I just got them installed about a week ago, and I love them. I cant tell u how many comments people have made on them already, with more still coming.

Good luck with your galant man..

roman
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(X7eyeHATEyou7X)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dont mean to interupt the conversation, but i wish i wouldve seen this post earlier. Â* Â*

my only response that I can give is about the indiglos... Â* Â*i got the ones off of eBay with the donut in the middle. Â*go to my page to see pics... Â* Â* they look sweet. Â*I just got them installed about a week ago, and I love them. Â*I cant tell u how many comments people have made on them already, with more still coming. Â* Â* Â*

Good luck with your galant man..</div>

your car is sweet
    how hard is it to put that EVO trunk mod in?
    and the gauges looks pretty cool ... heheh

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roman)</div><div class='quotemain'>back to business ...... how did u make the braket to hold tha filter?</div>

My bracket is ghetto. I just went to home depot and bought a couple metal peices bent them to form like a plate under the filter. But honestly I think you should just get the build you own CAI from ebay (CAI) All you have to do is cut it like an inch and your all set!!![/url]
    Im Broke! Send Donations to "Brandon's Future Mods Fund"

roman
    alright guys
    I talked to my friend and he runs an MR-2 MKII and he uses an Apexi intake ......... basically I know a difference betweent a CAI and Ram intakes now ......... also I was able to more deeply understand how they work and the difference between the 2
    so
    going by the other thread I made, and the fact that in any case all I really need is an air filter and I can later decide whether to go CAI or Ram ........ I think I will go with an APEXI one ...... here at nopionline.com
    I know the price is not cheap and its for a '95-99 ones ... I will do some work if I have to and make this one fit
    here is a link to it on nopi:
    http://nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction...System&vaffid=0
    it will be about 150 shipped ..... I know it seems alot and it might be ....... but I think I will do it
    any opinions?

oh for difference between CAI and Ram ones ...... CAI is lower to ground to get more cold air in and Ram is up there ...... basically ........ Im tired lol[/LIST]

o0 XeRO G 0o
    your car is sweet
    how hard is it to put that EVO trunk mod in?
    and the gauges looks pretty cool ... heheh
    thanks man.. the trunk wasnt hard to do at all... heres a link to the site i used to do it http://www.hondastyle.com/news/wmview.php?ArtID=46

again, good luck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast