The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: hi, I have a '97 Galant ES and I want some info on smal mods

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 49 of 49
    roman
    ok well after talking to my friend this is waht I just bought:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...DME:B:EOAB:MT:6

now I will need to get a pipe and make it a CAI ........... I am kind of curious if anyone has ever flooded their CAI? is that a big of a problem?
    I looked in the engine bay and the best spot seems to be right under the battery ....... thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    you still need a MAS adaptor

no flooking of my CAI. ummmm you will hafta take out all the factory airbox even the duct piece next to the battery, then move the battery all the way over. i took out my battery tray also and made a mounting bracket to hold the filter up
    7g for life!

roman
    Quote Originally Posted by seth
    you still need a MAS adaptor

no flooking of my CAI. ummmm you will hafta take out all the factory airbox even the duct piece next to the battery, then move the battery all the way over. i took out my battery tray also and made a mounting bracket to hold the filter up
    yes and the piping ........... guess I will wait for the filter to come in and then blast u guys with questions
    and yes I will take out the air box ..... and move battery where?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    well once you get all of the air box and that ducting piece out you will see. just move it all the way over towards the passenger fender. you probably will have to take out the battery tray too. but you dont need that.
    7g for life!

BEAST
    Wow I am surprised this post went so long. Aren't we nice . Usually we just tell ya to search and ask if you have any other quesitons.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAST
    Wow I am surprised this post went so long. Aren't we nice . Usually we just tell ya to search and ask if you have any other quesitons.
    LOL That's why it's a sticky for now
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

roman
    Quote Originally Posted by 2True
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAST
    LOL That's why it's a sticky for now
    LOL
    k I figured on how to make tha CAi and I will do it via that tutorial with pics ........ once I get all the components in
    and I figured on exhaust too ..... now I have a choice to drop the car or get rims? any ideas?

TurboGalant
    for your lights

try xtremewhite.com
    search for mitsubishi
    it will list out all the mitsubishi cars and models
    the list will brake it down to each light bulb
    click on the light bulb you want to replace, and it will list out different bulbs by different manufacturers

If you go for brighter head lights (higher wattage than stock), you will need a heavy duty wire harness, which they carry (search under harness) for like $25/pair. You can get that cheaper elsewhere, not sure where exactly, it was on a previous post. But you will burn out lights or fry stock harnesses without heavy duty ones.

Good luck.

jay25
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roman)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok well after talking to my friend this is waht I just bought:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...DME:B:EOAB:MT:6

now I will need to get a pipe and make it a CAI ........... I am kind of curious if anyone has ever flooded their CAI? is that a big of a problem?
    I looked in the engine bay and the best spot seems to be right under the battery ....... thanks </div>

there is a cure for this problem, flooding your CAI filter, AEM makes a Bypass, if your CAI filter gest soaked with water not to worry the bypass will open up and breath air vice your filter thats soaked. My SCer CAI filter gets soaked all the time but knock on wood I never had any problems.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123