The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: subs

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

subs

maybe someone can help me out....right now im pushin a single voice coil 4 ohm memphis 15" with a memphis 2 channel amp, now im looking to switch subs and i want to get this setup from polk audio [It's 2 12's enclosed in a ported box] but it says it has 2 ohm impendance would i have to switch the way my amp is wired to run these or could i just plug the speaker wires in and let em play??

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.

Re: subs

Quote Originally Posted by spfdgalant
    maybe someone can help me out....right now im pushin a single voice coil 4 ohm memphis 15" with a memphis 2 channel amp, now im looking to switch subs and i want to get this setup from polk audio [It's 2 12's enclosed in a ported box] but it says it has 2 ohm impendance would i have to switch the way my amp is wired to run these or could i just plug the speaker wires in and let em play??
    plug them in and let them play. An ohm is the electrical resistance offered by a current-carrying element that produces a voltage drop of one volt when a current of one ampere is flowing through it.

So, if your cable can handle a 4 ohm resistance, it can surely handle a 2 ohm resistance.

...U N D E A D...