The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Questions about my build?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Questions about my build?

Hi my name is jake and i drive a 01 galant es. I've been reading the fourms quite often and found out thats its deff worth the money to invest in a 5 spd tranny which is awsome, my only problem is that im so new to the tuning world i have no idea were to begin. here is a breif list of what i would like to acoplish
    1. 5 spd tranny swap
    2. upgrade the intire suspesion from coilovers to sway bars
    3.intake
    4. exchaust
    5. im thinking of doing a NOS build because its very rare to see and plus my funds are very limited I PAY FOR EVERYTHING!
    There are a few things holding me back at this time 1 is my galant is the only car i own and its my daily driver, 2 i work for everything i own 3 i have no idea were to start shoping or going to get the work done. So i guess what im asking if anyone could guide me in the right direction were to buy parts and were to go in buffalo ny to get someone to work on a galnt. Anyways all hlp is welcome!

Honestly, if you don't have a second car, I wouldn't do much more than I/H/E, Intake, Headers, and exhaust. I am in the same situation right now till I get my El Camino running again.
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    just look around the sight for places to get stuff and some ideas, 2nd what area are you in? that may be more helpfull as far as shops etc...set up a plan and tackle 1 area at a time basically and set funds aside for each mod you want to do,

yea it kinda sucks that my galant has to be my dialy driver. But the way i look at things is if theres a will theres a way! and with that being said im not giving up hopes. Hopefully i can find some time and money to work things out. I really want to upgrade so bad!! i know im at least ganna do the I/H/E thats a givin but im not quite shere how to do a nice nos set-up. i wanna do one so bad because you never see to many of em espically a galant. I was think of doin a NX kit or ZEX the wet shot direct port 55-100hp adustable. But i was wondering what would help it run smoother without any worries, so if anyones got any suggestions that would be great! i live in buffalo ny and theres not that many tuneing shops around but im also willing to drive to get to a good 1. caz with nos u cant mess around, u need it to be tuned.

Nos should be the least of your worries. Especially if your car is almost completely stock.

First, you need something to drive for work. if having your daily driver in a shop and bumming off rides is your thing then do it. simple priorities first, then plan the big ones later.