The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just a little teaser...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

Just a little teaser...

Test fitted some Work VS-XXs today. The set is a 19x8.5(front) and 19x9.5(rear). Offset +42. Only have pics of the rear from today...

Now i know many of you guys said it wouldn't work...but the shop believes that we can. Currently, on the rear there is a 235/35/19. We are going to be changing that to a 225/35/19 just like the front. Fenders will also be rolled too. Anyways, these won't be on for a while. I still have to save up. The owner of the shop gave me such a good deal that i can't pass this up...no matter how long it takes me to save

looks great to me

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

WOW, beautiful.

awesome!!!!!

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

TGC Regular
    nice, start saving :D

awsome wheels, trust me you'll love them how much u paying? i paid 2800 shipped for mines with tires. WOW the 9.5 rear lip is HUGE!!
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

wow. very nice. cant wait to see some more pics for the full effect
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    awsome wheels, trust me you'll love them how much u paying? i paid 2800 shipped for mines with tires. WOW the 9.5 rear lip is HUGE!!
    This set retailed for like 4300 brand new. It was used for a show then taken off by the previous owner. You won't believe it, but i was quoted 2800 for this set :D :D :D

thats a great deal...jump on it lol i charged it on my card, and i have only 300 left to pay off woot!!!
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

do it bro! those are soo fuckin sick, those are my next set...as soon as i can find the right offset!

tight, homie - they look good w/ the metallic silver of your g
    Semper Fi'

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    Those wheels look perfect! Very hot!

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Yeah! Very nice looking man.

work wheels are classy as hell...

00' Diamante LS
    93' Galant n/a (gave to my bro)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    :shock:

The only way a 9.5" wheel can fit in the back of the Galant is with fender flares, or modified rear knuckle. Not saying it isn't a 9.5" wheel, but I would doubt it.

I'd recommend something a bit wider than a 225 on a 9.5" wheel, infact I'm surprised you can get a 225, or even 235 to bead on a 9.5" wheel. Considering the tire itself is not even 9" wide.

Nice wheel nonetheless.

:shock: Very nice man 8)

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    The only way a 9.5" wheel can fit in the back of the Galant is with fender flares, or modified rear knuckle. Not saying it isn't a 9.5" wheel, but I would doubt it.

I'd recommend something a bit wider than a 225 on a 9.5" wheel, infact I'm surprised you can get a 225, or even 235 to bead on a 9.5" wheel. Considering the tire itself is not even 9" wide.

Nice wheel nonetheless.
    I know that it may seem like it won't work, but after putting it on, it actually might. I know it may seem kind of extreme, but we will be rolling my fenders and probably going to slam the coilovers so i can get more camber. I have seen this setup work on other cars with similar offsets to ours. The 225/35/19 will work, just going to be a slight stretch on the tire. My friend has actually run this tire on a 19x10, it looked sick! Anyways, i will let you guys know how it goes. We are going to try to really hard to make these fit...the deal is just too good to pass up!

Hott wheels! They look goood!! :D

'99 Mitsubishi Galant <3
    '06 GG Mitsubishi Evo bolt-ons 12.3 @ 108mph - sold :(
    '03 WW Mitsubishi Evo built but never tracked - sold :(

watch out for the rub on the damper. my 19x8.5 VOLKS (+48mm) have touched my rear dampers (TEIN SS-P) on full compression when my rear was not camber corrected. it is VERY tight back there. 19x9.5 +42 (actually 6.6mm closer to the damper) may fit when static but remember the suspension arcs in the rear during travel... the lower you go and the more negative camber the more chance for the inside of the rim to cut the damper; alternatively, camber corrected, it will be very hard to fit those wheels under the fender... remember, my fenders are not just rolled, they are CUT out and i only have about a pinkie clearance to the lip on compression (2.5"-2.75" drop in the rear).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast