The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: body kit install..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29
    missbitchy

body kit install..........

listen i know you all must have been asked this question over and over again.. but i need help .. i will be buying a initial V body kit next month and the problem is i have a body shop that might be putting it on for me but they cant give me a quote with seeing the kit and the car..this bodyshop does excelent work ... my problem is the price i really dont wanna pay out my ass to put the thing on.. so what i wanna know from you guys is.... those of you who have bodykits i wanna know about how much you were charged to get it painted and put on?.... i know most put them on themsleves and i know its not easy and im chick so i dont want people to think they are gonna take me for a sucker... please help..... so i know whats a fair price...
    thank you.......

body kit installation will most likely cost more than the kit itself. depending on how u want it installed. the body shop can just paint it and slap the sucker on but it probably won't look right. for some more money, they can make the lines look good and make the kit look like it came stock on the car. but keep in mind that the initial v kit is gonna cost a lil bit more for install than the other body kits for the galant available in the us.

o yea u said u were chink, im guessing that means chinese. you must be looking at the wrong places cuz u can get the hookup if you look at the right places...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

missbitchy
    thanks... but i meant chick......as in girl... and some people see a girl tring to get a body kit put on they might think im stupid so thats why i am asking you guys..
    thanks..

I'll tell you right now they are going to charge a pretty outrageous amount because of the workthat is going to have to be done primarily on the side skirts and the rear. When I was doing mine the guy helping me ot said flat out that the Kit wasn't made for this car. But Just be patient.

With that being said :shock: I guess I better get mine in order. to many mods and not enough money.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

escoson
    my cousin also has a galant ( 03 es v6 ) and he just purchased that erubuni or whatever shogun kit and to get it installed (molded of course) and painted he spent $1,100.00 total (the shop owner is his gf's father) so if you feel like taking a ride to NJ to get it done I can maybe get you hooked up on a price. Just instant msg me on aim @ k4rmapolice or pr. msg me on here.

I am going to tell you right now from experience man don't mold the Kit on the car unless he is about to keep it in a trailer and only taking it out for shows. It seriously takes a ton of work to successfully mold a kit on. i tried it with someone who is really good with molding and as soon as he bottoms out or even just from moving at high speeds.the stress put on the body lines is going to cause it to crack. I am in the process of taking my kit back off and reinstalling it with the body lines on the car. Also if he scratches the side of teh car somewhere. he's going to have to bet the whole car repainted damn near because there is no body line where he can stop painting. there were some people that wouldn't touch my car because of the olding done on it. But if he does get the kit molded then make sure he gets some kinda warranty with the work.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

missbitchy
    thanks laz you have helped me out alot... but one thing its my car and im a girl......thanks again..

missbitchy
    thanks alot guys, you have helped me out alot .. i have come to the conclution that ima pass on the body kit thing and work on other shit ...when someone makes a kit for my car (that fits) i will be the first to to invest...
    thanks again...

do you already have the Initial V? I thought you already had it.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

missbitchy
    no i dont but i planned on getting it but before i did i wanted to ask you guys what the deal was with putting it on... so im sure i can find another way to spend the money....

Better ways to spend money.....on me right? I have some pics from the install try looking here not very good pics though, but gives you a clue.

construction pics
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

missbitchy
    looks like it turned out nice laz .... but i dont do my own body work and i dont know people wish i did cause i think that body kit is so hot but oh well when a kit is made that wont cost me out my ass to put on i will buy it... thanks.........till then im gonna put the tvs in the car......

Have you talked to DANJ I think he's in the NY area he may know someone. IN the mean time what size TVs are you looking for?I just got rid of mine...........and my head unit. Never knew how loud my header was til now.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

missbitchy
    well i want two for the headreast about 5.6in and a indash motorized one 7in

Aight big balla. :shock:
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

missbitchy
    trust me im not ballin, but i found a sony 7" motorized in dash monitor for 600.00.... i dont think thats bad...im working on the headrest.....

MysteryGalant
    Is it only one company that makes the initial v kit or is there different places that make them. I've seen the kit on 2 different web sites tsp racing and nopi. I mean i like the kit myself and i want to get it but i saw the pic of lazarus car what is going on with rear bumper quarter.And what is up with the side skirts what modes do u have to do to them just trim some corners or the whole thing ?And the nose do u have to remove the front crash bar and then it fits or what? i mean theres not much to choose from when it comes to our cars so i do the best to find out what needs to be done.I mean theres been people on this site say we can get this kit made but u never see pics or it never goes through.Please dont be madd but u know its true! But all i want to know is the initial v really that hard to put on.If so im going to have to go with the showgun like everyone has i guess please respond to this lazarus or someone please.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryGalant
    Is it only one company that makes the initial v kit or is there different places that make them. I've seen the kit on 2 different web sites tsp racing and nopi. I mean i like the kit myself and i want to get it but i saw the pic of lazarus car what is going on with rear bumper quarter.And what is up with the side skirts what modes do u have to do to them just trim some corners or the whole thing ?And the nose do u have to remove the front crash bar and then it fits or what? i mean theres not much to choose from when it comes to our cars so i do the best to find out what needs to be done.I mean theres been people on this site say we can get this kit made but u never see pics or it never goes through.Please dont be madd but u know its true! But all i want to know is the initial v really that hard to put on.If so im going to have to go with the showgun like everyone has i guess please respond to this lazarus or someone please.
    OK *takes a deep breath* OK I believe there is only 1 company that makes the Initial V Body kit and they are in Japan. Nopiand TSP Racing are only distributors. As far as the rear Bumper it's pretty akward to bolt the rear on because the rear on becasue your OEM Bumper goes straight down. Well the Initial V rear bumer is made for the JDM Galant. The JDM Galant rear bumper runs down a couple inches then shoots a B line to the rear tire. So when you go to install the kit the Bumper the rear bumper will lay on top of the rear quarter.

The side skirts you have to cut a notch in the front corner to be able to open the door. and for the fron toyou have to take the impact bar off as with any kit made for the galant right now except the ad on lips for the JDM Galants. *Exhale*
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

MysteryGalant
    So on the rear bumper what do u have to cut or notch for it to fitplus the front does it just slip on when u take out the front crash bar.I know there going to be a gap where the lights are but that dont bother meand the side skirts can u use a die grinder to notch thoses points out and re bondo then to look nice . You see im not a bodyman but also im not dum when it comes to these shops telling me stupid stuff like it cant be done because i know better than that.I plan on preping the kit befor i take it to get sprayedand try to install it my self .i have all the things i need to do it.

MitsuRacer185
    ahh, nothin hotter than a girl hookin up her car in my book...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast