The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weird Question

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Weird Question

I had just started to go at a stoplight, when all of a sudden out of my vents comes a nasty smell, like bleach, it is not the first time I have smelled it.............any ideas??????????????????

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

When was the last time you changed your socks?....J/K

No idea...but I have smelled something like that before

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dragon300le)</div><div class='quotemain'>When was the last time you changed your socks?....J/K

No idea...but I have smelled something like that before</div>

Haha.. I was just about to say the exact same thing until I scrolled down and seen your response.

I'm sure every one of us has smelled this foul stinky feet smell coming from the vents. To prevent this, I use the ac to flush the smell out. It's not bad now that the weather is cool but during the summer, whew!!! I heard that there is this collector behind the vent or stereo someplace that needs to be cleaned out.

Senior TGC Member
    I have no idea what bleach smells like But there is a funky smell sometimes from my vents.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Man I have been smelling the same thing. Every time I get into the car I can smell it and when the car is running for awile it goes away. I know that there is some kind of filter for the cabin right behind the glove compartment but I am not sure how to change it or when.

Jason

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

a "mildewy" type smell is normal for a few minutes due to water condensation on the AC evaporator, which is totally normal for any cooling system. Unfortunatly, a little bit of the water will remain on the evaporator fins, and after time can produce a small amount of mold.
    Starting the AC will nullify that mold smell after a few minutes, but it will return. There are a few products that can help with this smell. Most are a chemical coating that is sprayed onto the evaporator fins in an attempt to seal them from the mildew.

uhm another trick is to turn on the AC on full blast. then spray some lysol or something of that sort. u know the air frshner that kills germs and stuff, into that area where the AC sucks in the air. thats another trick u might wanna try

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Thanks..............i have seen the post about stinky feet, or I would have done a search, but it's not that.........................it smells like I opened a bottle of clorox bleach and dumped it into my vents................I dunno I was probably driving by a laundrymat and didn't know it every time I smelled it

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

BlankMan
    Hey - just found this - not really a solution but at least offers an idea as to why the smell is there...

http://autorepair.about.com/library/weekly...y/aa071601a.htm

J

Tiptronic
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey - just found this - not really a solution but at least offers an idea as to why the smell is there...

http://autorepair.about.com/library/weekly...y/aa071601a.htm

J</div>

dude you are finding some pretty good finds lately. first the 6G CF hood and now this. keep up the good work...... and no im not being sarcastic, i really mean it

i just read this in that article.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Since most of these solutions can be a little pricey and difficult to apply, there are a couple of simple things that will help reduce the problem. One is to keep a spray can of Lysol in the car and spray it into the air intake one a week</div>

just spray it in the intake...i dont think so :!: