The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hosed down my interior panels, now im having electrical issu

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Hosed down my interior panels, now im having electrical issu

Arrrggghhh,
    My stupid brother hosed down my interior doors to clean them. Now when I turn off my key, I hear a click coming from the passenger side door.

Also If I try to unlock the drivers door by pushing the door lock lever (Manually)it is Really, Really, difficult to push. Its as if the motor is still engaged trying to push it back. Once I get it pushed it will stay, its just very hard to push. If I try to lock switch, it clicks like its engaging but nothing happens. If I hit the lock switch on the passenger door, nothing at all happens not even a click. I havent tried the locks on the pass door but I am thinking they arent hard to move like the drivers lock.

Also if I turn on the power window locks, I dont hear that weird click from the passenger side door. One thing I also noticed is that sometimes the pass side window rolls up randomly if I have it down and the power window lock is not activated.

I am thinking when my brother sprayed the doors down water got inside and messed something up. I am thinking I have to pull the panels and look, Im just trying to see where I should start looking. The locks, the window motors, the window switches, or what. Im thinking water got in ther somewhere and shorted something ORRR theres still water in the door.
    blah blah blah

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    short!

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Bronx!
    Wassup babyyyyyyy lol

Just got back from checking my car out on my lunch break. (YOu all may or may not know, but I wear a suit/tie to work everyday, and I am a Manager. You can imagine my employees faces when I was standing there under the hood of my car on my lunch break in a suit wiggling wires, etc lol)

Turns out the Negative battery cable is loose. Im gonna fix that tonight. BUT, here are the rest of my problems

#1 Door locks/Windows have not been working properly since my door panels got hosed off
    #2 The IAC code popped up (Before the window issue) so I need to look at that
    #3 Have to jump my car almost daily, but im hoping that battery cable takes care of that

Oh yeah. When I get off tonight I already know imma need a jump. DAMMIT lol, at least I think I know what the problem is now though, the loose cable
    blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by paulbunyan
    Bronx!
    Wassup babyyyyyyy lol

Just got back from checking my car out on my lunch break. (YOu all may or may not know, but I wear a suit/tie to work everyday, and I am a Manager. You can imagine my employees faces when I was standing there under the hood of my car on my lunch break in a suit wiggling wires, etc lol)

Turns out the Negative battery cable is loose. Im gonna fix that tonight. BUT, here are the rest of my problems

#1 Door locks/Windows have not been working properly since my door panels got hosed off
    #3 Have to jump my car almost daily, but im hoping that battery cable takes care of that

Oh yeah. When I get off tonight I already know imma need a jump. DAMMIT lol, at least I think I know what the problem is now though, the loose cable
    master switch could be bad

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbunyan
    Bronx!
    Wassup babyyyyyyy lol

master switch could be bad
    Yeah I was thinking that too. I plan on checking that tonight as well if I have time. I wont be able to start working on this bitch till at least 9PM
    blah blah blah