The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Thinking about switchin out rims

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Thinking about switchin out rims

Ive been pondering the thought of changing rims and im starting to feel this VIP look Silly's been wanting to do. I know staggered is not for fwd cars but im strictly going for looks. My question is i see some rims i like but im not sure if they will fit...imma pull and roll the fenders as much as i can and i will be leaving the rear cambered but only if these rims will fit. the fronts im pretty sure will fit, im just curious about the rears...

they are work VS-KF 19x8 +38 front and 19x9 +33 rear

02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

DAYUM! Not my style rims, but size and brand is a :smt041

Rears will work with rolled fenders to the max, SUPER stretched tires, and CRAZY CAMBER.... Simply Beautiful
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

Here is a 19x9.5 in the rear:

As you can see, they fit when the car is static. Don't think they will fit when you take into consideration the compression when the car moves up and down. Even if i stretch tire and roll/pull fenders, i still don't think it would work. But i must agree, 9 inch rims in the rear look SICK :shock:

^ thats sexy, if that fits ima sell my set and get a 9.5 also..look were the works family..
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

ive been seriously considering doing this....im still lookin at other sets of rims. Its just hard to drop that kind of cash when black friday is coming and i had my heart set on a 50 inch samsung widescreen. if i was to get that size rim in the rear...im assuming i would have to run a 235/35 or wider. not sure if they make a 30 series, might be too thin.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    those are some heavy mofos. but wtf, try it. i wanna see it.
    -Pedro

what offset is that guy running? imma see if i can find rears closest to his offset

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    my wheels are 19x8.5 with a +38 offset all around, the fronts will stick out without the jdm fender flares, with them the will sit perfect and just a few mm inside, the rears sit inside just a bit of clearance so im not wsure if the 33 would definatelly work either maybee like you said with an extreme fender roll or cutting away to make them fit....those wheels would definatelly be a really tight squeeze though and you would need coiolvers or bags or something also to make them drivable

roll fenders.. add camber... go

but make sure u have coilovers anything else wouldnt be stiff enough
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    i'm only running 19x8" .42 offset with my rear semi rolled. it's really hard to tell wether they'll fit or not. Just get one of the rear tires on there and test fit adjusting and cutting as needed. I would play it safe and just cut my rear fenders before even putting them in.

edit:
    tien s-tec drop
    -Pedro

If u cut inner rear fenders, better make the edges dull or if you DO RUB, you could blow ur tires. Like I said before, roll em good, camber it out...you'll be fine. the badder the camber, the less life of the tire, but the more props you'll get....well that is, if ur slammed beyond being able to put ur feet under ur sideskirts 8)
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    the front will still stick out though unless he runs a pretty negative camber that would be pretty noticeble

i do like the wheels but i would go with something that will fit a little better in the same style if possible

well im running an 18x8 with a +38 offset right now front and rear and its pretty flush. i dont know if 19x8 will be any different. kali...that drop is nice...i wish my s-techs dropped that well...i still have a gap...but thats gonna change...im trying to work out a megan coilover deal as we speak and dump it to the ground. im going to tuck 19's and if it dont tuck imma take out one of the collars and and drop it more to make it tuck.