The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ok, change of plans...

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

ok, change of plans...

well my plans originally were to do up the galant and finish with the turbo and buy a beater to drive around. so far i have about $4000 invested just into the motor to date. i need about another grand and a few dedicated weekends to get it runnin good. so as i was lookin for a beater my friend gave me an offer i could not refuse. so this weekend im buyin his 92" eagle talon tsi awd. hes got tons of work done to it and hes sellin it to me for $4000. (it ran a 11.9 quarter mile) that car is silly fast. so ive decided to make the talon my project and finish the galant to make it "daily driveable" a little more work and i can make the talon a 10 second car. so much for the drag galant lol oh well, id rather have an awd for racing anyway. the galant will still be fast but the most will prob be a 12 sec pass. more updates soon......
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

galant mod list:
    -OBX 321 stainless manifold
    -turbonetics t3/t4oe 60 trim :P
    -custom 3" turbo back stainless exhaust
    -custom external obx 38mm wastegate with stainless dump tube
    -2.5" aluminum charge piping
    -ebay fmic
    -aluminum aftermarket radiator
    -high flow slim fans
    -heat wrap on all components close to turbo
    -custom 3" stainless intake
    -maf translator gen2
    -gm maf
    -550cc injectors (getting 780's soon)
    -aeromotive fpr with stainless lines
    -polished fuel rail (stock)
    -hks ssqv bov
    -all couplers have t-bolt clamps
    -faze boost gauge
    -laptop with obd2 diagnostics software
    -custom oil catch can
    plus alot more that i cant think of right now cause im very tired lol

i also bought a bare head that i heavily port and polished which i plan on building and selling cause im not gonna build the galant motor any more than what it is now.
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

you can give all that to me now.

so u gonna sell some of the stuff for the G?

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

why woudl you want to trade one money pit.... for two money pits?

1g's........................ money pits.

they are very old. there are a LOT of things that will go wrong other than typical powertrain issues.

good luck anyways

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

the 1g's got a stage 2 shepracing tranny

listen to the DOHC

you might be opening pandoras box

either way congrats on the buy and good luck. nobody will ever over throw stunr as fastest USDM galant

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

if i really wanted too, i could have the fastest usdm galant. i would just rather race the awd talon instead. i think a galant would serve better as a fast daily driver. im just starting to get bored with the galant. i love it but ive been working on it for 2 1/2 years and i need a change in scenery for a while. besides, theres nothin wrong with owning 2 turbo dsm's :D

just picked up the talon tonight. i love it already :D 22psi baby

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Congrats, I want another 1g as well. I <3 awd.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by ct96mitsug
    i could have the fastest usdm galant
    you would have to fight DOHCstunr for tha title

congrats on the buy, hope everything goes smooth

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

so far so good, that thing launches like a mofo lol.