The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo Question

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Turbo Question

Is there a way to set a four cylinder 03 Galant to run with twin turbos effeciently?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    No.
    7g for life!

If I get the V6 engine and transmission, where can I get a twin turbo kit?

WarmAndSCSI
    Yes

This is a 4G63 with a twin turbo setup: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262331.

It is possible and could be highly efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by i4twinturbo
    If I get the V6 engine and transmission, where can I get a twin turbo kit?
    If you're refering to the SOHC 6G72 motor, there was a twin-turbo attempt on a 3g eclipse a couple years back. Don't know about his progress now but it looked expensive.

Here's your noob advice:

You're 17, go to college, get your degree, get some money, and then ask those questions. Thank you and welcome to the boards 8)

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Yes

This is a 4G63 with a twin turbo setup: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262331.

I dont see how a twin turbo setup would be more efficient then a single turbo on a 4g64.
    7g for life!

pfftt twin turbo's?

why not get a v12 and run 6 turbo's

or two v12's and run 4 supercharges, 3 turbo's i shot of nitrous and a partridge in a pear tree.

admit it.... you will never do this.
    and all you want is to say you have twin turbos.

twin turbo's means twice the maintenance..... from oil leaks, to exhaust gaskets, to failures.

-i'm never clicking this thread again.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

^^

2001 5 speed 4g64T

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Yes

I dont see how a twin turbo setup would be more efficient then a single turbo on a 4g64.
    Ever heard of sequential twin turbos?

On a 4 cylinder? 2.4L isnt enough displacement to take advantage of a sequential setup. I think a twin charged system would be more efficient then a twin turbo setup on a 4cylinder. Theres a cat on Tuners that has a twin charged 1g. I think its a roots style blower he has that is integrated to his intake manifold and has a normal turbo setup.
    7g for life!

WarmAndSCSI
    On a 4 cylinder? 2.4L isnt enough displacement to take advantage of a sequential setup. I think a twin charged system would be more efficient then a twin turbo setup on a 4cylinder. Theres a cat on Tuners that has a twin charged 1g. I think its a roots style blower he has that is integrated to his intake manifold and has a normal turbo setup.
    It's all about the turbos you choose...

This is ridiculous. He's 17, and if he has to ask questions like this, he isn't serious about putting twin turbo's on his car. First of all, I seriously doubt he could even afford to put a single turbo on his car, or has half the experience to install it himself.

I wish I could turbo my G....
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

It's all about the turbos you choose...
    Im sure it could be done correctly, maybe with a 14b and a GT35R or something to reduce spool. But a true sequential setup is very complicated and it wouldnt be cheap.
    7g for life!

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Distort
    This is ridiculous. He's 17, and if he has to ask questions like this, he isn't serious about putting twin turbo's on his car. First of all, I seriously doubt he could even afford to put a single turbo on his car, or has half the experience to install it himself.

I wish I could turbo my G....
    I'm 19 and I have paid for all of this stuff on my car... did all the work myself (and I mean ALL the mechanic work), though. Don't doubt people :?

i was 17 when i turboed my g. i did all the work and paid for it all myself. its possible for anyone. the key is money :D
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

Right amount of money and time ANYTHING is possible.

You might want to spend the winter getting your own MIG, grinders and other assorted metal working tools along with a little gained experience in welding (an easy 2 grand). Learn the in's and out's of engine management along with technical articles on all you can find on the 4G64 and 4G63T motors and transmission setups.

I would LOVE to see this done, but you will literally need to understand the physics of the 4G64 with its output, and what you want to derive as the final result. Mind you, the way you are headed, will need some MAJOR motor work.

The major point that the other guys are getting at is you could possibly get an EVO setup and big turbo, than going the route you plan. Although I would support you either way you go.