The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo time

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

turbo time

i got a automatic 46g4.im in the middle of doin a turbo swap. my 1st question is do i gotta do tranny work or should my tranny hold up ok? my second question is is m y motor gunna blow up or is there some motor work i should do?(pistonsr,ods.etc). and last but not least i got an emanage ecu but is this something i have to install right away or could a wait a few weeks?

If you aren't going to have the emanage installed then how do you expect to get the car tuned and running properly. Doesn't sound like you read much of anything that's been posted already...and this is coming from someone who is still learning :|
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

my motor is still holding strong at 14psi with methanol and a proper tune. my tranny has no problems either. i wouldnt go any more than that though. im waiting to blow something up to swap out the tranny with a 5-speed. as long as it holds up, its stayin. i baby it most of the time though :?
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

is your motor still stock though or do you have some work done>?

He's stock ... and i'm running 8-12 psi on a stock motor as well. IMO you are in way over your head right now and should probably do some more researching about what you are about to undertake or else you will realize very quickly it's not as simple as pistons, rods, turbo.

222whp/250wtq

then why dont you help me,so far im doin a turbo,pistons rods,evo head with cams and valves,what else?

Quote Originally Posted by cbuster77
    then why dont you help me,so far im doin a turbo,pistons rods,evo head with cams and valves,what else?
    He just did. He could give you a long ass list about parts and you could still blow your engine because you didn't do your homework.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gtx
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuster77
    He just did. He could give you a long ass list about parts and you could still blow your engine because you didn't do your homework.
    I concur, reading is fundamental dude.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678