The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My "JDM"Galant G8 Sport Edition

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 243
    Quote Originally Posted by xglantv699
    So clean!! Looks great.. black cars FTW! :D
    about a month ago u were white cars ftw, lol

Ey, the best colors on a car is exactly black & white! Ur absolutly right about both opinions xglantv699

Heres my painted brakes, crappy quality because of a dusty mobilephone camera lens but u can see how nicly it came out ;)

The car aint lowered too much so I wanna show hos low its gonna be Just backed the car upp a hill so the front almost touched the asphalt

Noticed how high it was, that was before i got lowering springs and got small 17" wheels with 205 tyres

ur suspension confuses me, i seen ur car look dropped, sit 4x4 style,

Now its just lowered with 35mm springs and nothing else ;) Coilovers is coming right after the winter is over :D

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH
    Lol, lots of things to write here I guess
    Some of the roads are good but the rest is shitty, full of holes and bumps. We got so many taxes to pay to drive over here and even though they say the money is goin to build better and safer raods ist just goin to the pockets of politicians The food is wery similiar to the U.S actually and the people over 30 ar ejust dumb in traffic No turn signals and taking lane changes without turn signals. I could keep on writing down my complains but it seems to be the same all over the world. Assholes are a natural part of the traffic.
    Its not as cold as many think, right now its 5c - 41 fahrenheit but now its night time so a bit colder now. In the summers we have 25++c - 77 fahrenheit ;) I live in the westside of Norway and only in North of Norway its cold.
    When I was stationed in Okinawa, Japan, they had something similar with their cars. At the time, my military pay grade/rank (E-3) didn't allow up to have cars (because the people before us fucked it all up - young bastards) but for the people that did have cars, they told me that the vehicles were only good for something like 7 to 9 years, after that, you have to recycle your car. There were also high insurance rates and you didn't have to register it per year, but a couple years at a time or something. I live in California, which probably has the most strictest vehicle laws in our country. Our insurance laws are so dumb, that you could be charged less (or more) based on which city you live, even if it was a stone's throw away , you may end up paying $50 more because you're in a different zip code (in other words, a high crime neighborhood). I guess that would make sense - the insurance company doesn't want to insure or don't want to continue to pay out if you live in a bad neighborhood where statistically more cars are broken into or stolen, however, it's not fair. Most people I would believe, wouldn't want to live in a shit-hole neighborhood if they had the means to move out.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    is Nice!

Damn!!

Thats Crazy!!

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BGR
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH
    Lol, lots of things to write here I guess
    Some of the roads are good but the rest is shitty, full of holes and bumps. We got so many taxes to pay to drive over here and even though they say the money is goin to build better and safer raods ist just goin to the pockets of politicians The food is wery similiar to the U.S actually and the people over 30 ar ejust dumb in traffic No turn signals and taking lane changes without turn signals. I could keep on writing down my complains but it seems to be the same all over the world. Assholes are a natural part of the traffic.
    Its not as cold as many think, right now its 5c - 41 fahrenheit but now its night time so a bit colder now. In the summers we have 25++c - 77 fahrenheit ;) I live in the westside of Norway and only in North of Norway its cold.
    When I was stationed in Okinawa, Japan, they had something similar with their cars. At the time, my military pay grade/rank (E-3) didn't allow up to have cars (because the people before us fucked it all up - young bastards) but for the people that did have cars, they told me that the vehicles were only good for something like 7 to 9 years, after that, you have to recycle your car. There were also high insurance rates and you didn't have to register it per year, but a couple years at a time or something. I live in California, which probably has the most strictest vehicle laws in our country. Our insurance laws are so dumb, that you could be charged less (or more) based on which city you live, even if it was a stone's throw away , you may end up paying $50 more because you're in a different zip code (in other words, a high crime neighborhood). I guess that would make sense - the insurance company doesn't want to insure or don't want to continue to pay out if you live in a bad neighborhood where statistically more cars are broken into or stolen, however, it's not fair. Most people I would believe, wouldn't want to live in a shit-hole neighborhood if they had the means to move out.
    Japan has some very strict laws about their vehicles, I believe. I don't remember what it was exactly. It's not that after 7 or 9 years you have to recycle your car.. it's that after a certain amount of years the insurance and taxes on your vehicle becomes ridiculously high and just to maintain it and having it on the road costs so much that the Japanese just auction of their vehicles to other countries .. like the US and Canada and buy new vehicles. Buying a new vehicle overcomes the costs of maintaing their aging vehicles... Thats why when you import vehicle parts, cars or engines from Japan they tend to have low KMs on them.
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

Basically it's the same concept. The cost of the insurance is so high for an "older" car, that it would be best to turn the car in and get a new one after 7 years or so. Recycle. But hell, I haven't been there in almost 20years, I'm surprised I remembered that much.

hei thomas, velkommen til "the galant center". fint a se annen norge folk fra her. jeg kom her tilbake i 12 mars 2007. fint bil.

Hallais!! Medlemm i Mitsu klubben i Norge?
    Hey guys, a bit OT isnt it? :P

Welcome aboard! I'm still amazed whenever I see a JDM G (Vr4 or with Vr4 body parts), the lines are just perfect from bumper to bumper. And I want that steering wheel :D

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    very nice man.. welcome.
    -Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by gtx
    Welcome aboard! I'm still amazed whenever I see a JDM G (Vr4 or with Vr4 body parts), the lines are just perfect from bumper to bumper. And I want that steering wheel :D
    The lines are AALMOST perfect, im gonne get new sideskirts and some fender flares so hte bumpers lines up much better ;) I love the steering wheel aswell, one of the main reason i buyed the car The colour on the car is special as well only 5 sedans in deep black in Norway 8)

Quote Originally Posted by gtx
    Perhaps it's me, but with the U.S. Galant, even with the JDM parts added, for some reason there is still a slight difference to the outward appearance when compared to a real JDM Galant. The conversions are tight and I'm proud of all the guys that have done the procedure if I may say. It's really cool to finally see come to fruition.

I'd like how the JDM A.C. climate controls look.

In Europe we got the Sport edition wich is almost the same as VR4 but without the seats in some of the VR4s, drivetrain and engine. We also got an Avance version, this is a more luxurious car with the same apperance on the outside but on the inside its leather (wich i dont like), automatic (dont like that either :P) and the equipment is the same. The climate controll is not that good but its ok :P
    Heres some pics of my friends Avance

I wish my headlamps would look so good :(

This is the wing im have bought for mine! :D Just love it!!
    And heres my friends Gs + mine

Heres a video from trackdays in Norway. U gotta save the link and download it. After 3.45 min theyr filming me ;)
    http://www.curbz.org/seyretfiles/loc...s_14.10-07.wmv
    Ive just updatet my site at CarDomain, check it out ;)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2613375

My fogs are workin now finaly, they havnt been used in about 9months :shock: Also got my "Sport" wheels frommy summer tyres over to the winter tyres :) My new windshield is on aswell with a black sunscreen at top. Pictures comin soon :)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast