The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: headlight harness - resolved

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

headlight harness - resolved

update below

i called napa from my desk job, gave them my account number for the shop and had them sent there. i got to the shop early and started stripping and splicing wires.

hey mitsubishi... heres a big fuck you for using as little wire as possible to save a fraction of a penny per car haha. no slack at all... ok carrying on...

i spliced everything together, used heat shrink connectors, wrapped each wire individually in elelctrical tape, and then wrapped all three wires together. doesnt look like it came from the factory, but its ok... cause the headlights work again! :)

all in all, total cost for the fix was 8.45 cents for two new 9003 headlight harnesses, few cents for electrical tape, and a couple bucks for the two beers i drank once i got home. oh, and not electrocuting myself... priceless ;)

original post below

ugh... not happy.

silverstars melted my damn headlight harnesses. that, along with them blowing out every 6 months just reassures the fact that i will never buy them again.

so... i need two new headlight harnesses. i just need the part number so i can call the dealer and get them ordered.

they look like these.
    http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/56.../rf_h4wire.jpg

and yes. ive searched, looked through the service manuals, called napa and checker.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

u can get h4 wiring harnesses from Autozone or pepboys, and they dont get stuck like the US harnesses

the ones that autozone carries, are they the heavy duty ones? thicker gauge wires?

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    This is RAZ, and yes dude. Thats what happened to my daily and go tthe ones from autozone and the wires are thicker and better.

thanks raz. i know its you cause of your avatar haha.

i called my local napa. with my discount i can get two heavy duty harnesses for $6.70.

I'm really curious why is that happening to some of you. How much do you have your lights on? I had/have Silverstars in my USDM and JDM heads and the OEM wires/plugs do just fine. They never burned out either.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    thanks raz. i know its you cause of your avatar haha.

i called my local napa. with my discount i can get two heavy duty harnesses for $6.70.
    thats pretty good

i dont know. i had good luck with my first set, and then the second set melted the harnesses. i dont run mine any more or any less than the average person. *shrug*

i bought one at a local auto part and i never had a problem with it at all, i'm lucky lol!!

TGC Regular
    I'm running Silverstars with pretty much no problems. I think a few months ago I go a bad set cause they burned out kinda fast, but that was the set I had before the current ones I'm running. Also I melted the factory harness only on one side, but that was before even running Silverstars, but they did finish it off. I got the replacement harnesses from Autozone for about $8 for both, and they do have the heavier guage wire attached.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    When I had silverstars, it burned my harness on High Beam. Not low. On my 02 I got Piaa super plasma gt-x, they work beautiful.

so how they work out for u at night?