The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SRS light

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 44
    galant2kde
    and how the fuck u gonna tell me the airbags didnt hust deploy on my mom in the pasenger side when my mom came home and told me and i saw that shit and there was NO DAMAGE in the front of the car so STFU...

look, i dont believe it.

you realize that there are 3 safing sensors on the srs system to prevent just that from happening. in case one sensor would fail, there are others to protect it...

an airbag CANT deploy unless more than one sensor is activated, which is why i havent seen (nor heard of) any accidental deployments.. and trust me, if mitsu had an issue with this, there would be some SEVERE reprocussions, and an instant repsonse.

so stop being an ass to me because i dont believe it... what do you care anyway if i dont believe it?

Big H Killa
    Yall need to stop fighting and just have fun.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Big H Killa)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yall need to stop fighting and just have fun. </div>
    hey, man, im all for that...

im just defending myself..

consider it dropped.

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>in case you didnt know, the dealer does NOT pay for the warranty.. mitsu pays us monthly. Â*</div>

I wasn't talking about the dealership losing money Who cares what they lose, I have to perform bookkeeping so I know that they don't lose money with warranty issues. I'd like to see Mitsubishi not lose valuable capital that should be going into R&D rather than quality assurance.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>in case you didnt know, the dealer does NOT pay for the warranty.. mitsu pays us monthly. Â*</div>

I wasn't talking about the dealership losing money Who cares what they lose, I have to perform bookkeeping so I know that they don't lose money with warranty issues. I'd like to see Mitsubishi not lose valuable capital that should be going into R&D rather than quality assurance.</div>

well, i see your point.
    BUT..
    i care, cause i work at a dealership. now, the dealer ISNT losing money, youre right. but i am, as i get paid on a commision type basis, and when i lose 30 to 40 percent of my money because car manufacturers are cheap bastards, it does torques me off a little.

but thats the way the game is played... its not like im in the gutter or something.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    actually, we hate warranty because mitsu (and all other car manufacturers) pay about 40 percent less than what the job actually takes.

in case you didnt know, the dealer does NOT pay for the warranty.. mitsu pays us monthly. Â*but a job that takes an hour only pays 7 tenths of that, so it pisses people off..
    kinda like if you got paid 40 percent less to do the same job you have right now.</div>

I know they reimburse parts at cost and pay pennies on a dime for labor, but that's your perspective and the dealer's. From a consumer's perspective, that's what the warranty is there for. For problems that wasn't worked out in the first place and reassurance they don't have to pay for manufacturing problems or design flaws only found out after the fact.

As for "how do you know you have side air bags", if you do, it is marked SRS on the side of the upper part of the seats (next to about where your shoulder should be).

I believe anything is possible so by manybrews saying it's impossible is a lie and not to be taken as fact. The fact is that the SRS light is on and should be taken back to the dealer for a fix, warranty or not (which I think should be taken care of by the mechanic that worked on it anyway) as nothing should be left to chance. It's your life and maybe passengers or others involved that you're taking a risk with if it DOES deploy.

For those of you that have airbag deployment, I'm sure you can PM manybrews with your vin# so he can pull the service records on your vehicle and he can see for himself. That would be the final word, WORD!

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJC)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    actually, we hate warranty because mitsu (and all other car manufacturers) pay about 40 percent less than what the job actually takes.

in case you didnt know, the dealer does NOT pay for the warranty.. mitsu pays us monthly. Â*but a job that takes an hour only pays 7 tenths of that, so it pisses people off..
    kinda like if you got paid 40 percent less to do the same job you have right now.</div>

I know they reimburse parts at cost and pay pennies on a dime for labor, but that's your perspective and the dealer's. From a consumer's perspective, that's what the warranty is there for. For problems that wasn't worked out in the first place and reassurance they don't have to pay for manufacturing problems or design flaws only found out after the fact.

As for "how do you know you have side air bags", if you do, it is marked SRS on the side of the upper part of the seats (next to about where your shoulder should be).

I believe anything is possible so by manybrews saying it's impossible is a lie and not to be taken as fact. The fact is that the SRS light is on and should be taken back to the dealer for a fix, warranty or not (which I think should be taken care of by the mechanic that worked on it anyway) as nothing should be left to chance. It's your life and maybe passengers or others involved that you're taking a risk with if it DOES deploy.

For those of you that have airbag deployment, I'm sure you can PM manybrews with your vin# so he can pull the service records on your vehicle and he can see for himself. That would be the final word, WORD!</div>

oh, hey.. im with you on most of this..
    a warranty is there for a reason, and like it or not, i still do what im suppost to do.

and i also agree that theres the POSSIBILITY of airbag deployment..
    but its close to a 1 in a million chance, and the fact is that there are 2 people on these boards saying it happened to them is a bit odd.

i will fully apologize to anyone if they show me proof.. hey, im not trying to be a dick.. i just dont want people to be freaking out over the chance that their airbag may randomly go off (which it wont)

I do agree that it shouldn't randomly go off. But if you see that SRS light go on, you're at a higher risk factor... slim as it may be. So just be safe and get it checked out as soon as you can. SAFETY FIRST!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJC)</div><div class='quotemain'>I do agree that it shouldn't randomly go off. But if you see that SRS light go on, you're at a higher risk factor... slim as it may be. So just be safe and get it checked out as soon as you can. SAFETY FIRST!</div>

actually, when the light is on, the system is TOTALLY disabled. if you crash with the light on, the bags will NOT deploy.
    technically, you at your safest when the light is on if your worried about random deployments.

but youre right.. it should be checked as soon as possible.

and once again, 99 times out of 100 on new galants the problem is from the seat mounted airbags.. the wiring is breaking internally, requiring one (or both) be replaced.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    actually, when the light is on, the system is TOTALLY disabled. Â*if you crash with the light on, the bags will NOT deploy.
    technically, you at your safest when the light is on if your worried about random deployments.

but youre right.. it should be checked as soon as possible.

and once again, 99 times out of 100 on new galants the problem is from the seat mounted airbags.. Â*the wiring is breaking internally, requiring one (or both) be replaced.</div>

Whoa! Now that I didn't know. That's interesting.
    But like life, some things just don't work like they're supposed to. So fix it! :lauging:

TomL
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ed)</div><div class='quotemain'>how can you tell if you have side air bags?</div>

It's actually written on the sides of the driver and passanger seats. I think they may have been one of the things that came with the premium package, but I'm not sure.

I actually tried to get the light checked out this weekend but the dealer that I go to did not have any openings (at that point the light wasn't on). They did say that it would be best if I came in when the light is actually on. Does anyone know how long the codes are stored for.

Also i was thinking that since SRS stands for supplemental RESTRAINT system, could the seat belts in any way be linked with the SRS thing, and if they are could they be triggering it.

Senior TGC Member
    Er...I think seat belts still work with regular ol' mechanical parts...at least that's what I think mine does. Everytime I try to buckle up too fast it locks on me and usually whips me in the mouth...don't see any signs of electronic intervention there.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

toc8g

Re: SRS light

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Quote Originally Posted by TomL
    My SRS light comes on and off intermittently. There is no pattern to when it comes on. I did have the computer recently reset after the body shop installed new driver and passenger air bags (my wife was hit a couple of months ago by a Dodge Ram - the guy fell asleep at the wheel and totally destroyed the driver side of the car - turned out to be a 10K job). Did anyone else have this problem? I have a 2000 I4.
    get that shit to the dealer quick. TOC had his light going on and off intermittently too, and then one day his passenger side airbag just discharged while he was driving on the highway. The light indicates a potential problem. Get it fixed before you have a disaster. Oh, and glad to hear your wife didn't sustain any major injuries.

Chip

I hate to say this but it wasn't me. I never had a SRS light problem and definatley no air bag deployment. Must have been some one else. I gotta say this though I was in a car accident with my 2000 Galant that was almost a front end collusion and their was NO air bag deployment at all.

Senior TGC Member
    It's just the computer being intelligent...it figures you'd survive why not save you some cash on car repairs and instead move it towards possible medical costs. How nice of it...

Dre

SRS light

I could not help myself with adding my two cents worth on this topic. I have a 2001 Galant with 28,000 miles (I drive 50 miles back and forth to work). My SRS light came on last summer. I took it to the dealer, and they replaced my passenger side seat airbag. I had no problems until this month, when my SRS light started coming on and off intermittently. I scheduled an appointment with the dealer, and they traced the problem to the driver's side seat airbag. Luckily, the car is still under warranty, or it could have cost a lot to have that replaced. Although there is no recall, I was told by the service manager at the dealership that some of the slightly older cars with side air bags had faulty connectors--sometimes causing an open circuit. That in turn, triggered the SRS light. He also told me that the newer cars have been fitted with better connectors, and that this particular problem should not occur again.

I was beginning to wonder, am I going to have to bring the car in every year because of the SRS? I hope not. The next time will cost me, because my warranty would have run out. Although I drove around before taking it in for about 5 days, my airbag did not deploy, and I was told that the car would have been fine, except that NO airbags would deploy with the SRS light on if I had an accident.

IMO, Mitsu is saving money by not notifying people of the problem. So there may be many more cars around the same age of mine that this problem has not reared its ugly head just yet. Hopefully not after the warrantly expires (36,000 mi, or 3 years).

IDT they will bother, unless someone is actually having a problem.

does anyone have any update on this? (hoping the members are still around)

im SRS light came on after i did my tranny swap ( i had to remove the airbag ecu to acces the shifter cables)

bags didnt deploy...yet , but seing this topic scares the shit out of me...

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

if the SRS light is on, that means that SRS system has been disabled and the bags won't deploy as you're driving or anything like that.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    if the SRS light is on, that means that SRS system has been disabled and the bags won't deploy as you're driving or anything like that.
    not too sure of this. I read in the manual that even if there is no power the bags can still ignite and blow open.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

well i just unplugged my air bag ecu while the car was running and they didnt blow. i am going to follow the haynes manual on the procedure so if something happens i can sue their ass

nah my lifes worth more...

well if im right on this the airbag inflate with a electric shock iggniting some hilghly fast burning stuff( before they used gunpoweder dunnon whats in them now

so iuf theres no current ( battery is off) they could still blow?? sounds weird

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast