The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: So im just curious....

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

So im just curious....

I was changing my oil the other day and i noticed the underneath of my front kit is all f*cked up :( I know that i should raise my car, but i just love the way it sits. Well, i guess you gotta go through this shit to look good...i seem to scrape on like 75% of the driveways i come out of. So for those of you who are "slammed", how are your front bumpers doing? Anybody got actual pics of their damage? My cyber 2 bumper always scrapes on the ends, where the bumper arcs down on the sides. Feel free to share your guys horror stories if you want to. Thanks guys.

yeah bro i feel you on that.. Im on my 2nd body kit right now cause of my lovely mother...for whatever reason she needs to borrow my G im always worried or have the major "ass pucker" effect... but like you said it looks good..
    Wars come and go but my soldiers stay eternal...

i have a crack now... and remember what bumper i have. gotta go get it re-glassed and resprayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    i have a crack now... and remember what bumper i have. gotta go get it re-glassed and resprayed.
    Oh shit :shock: I got a lot of scrapes...but thankfully no cracks yet. Well, hope everything goes well with your bumper. Oh yeah, do you have your SS-Ps slammed all the way down? Mine can still go like a whole inch and a half lower, but i already scrape. I was surprised to see how low the Tein's can go.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    he had it all the way up before.

i lowered it at MOD07 and just left it. the most recent picks of it in the parking garage at night are about 1/2 inch from the lowest settings.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    it's impossible to forsee all the scrapes, it's too much work to be 100% catious all the time. Sometimes, i try not to scrape and still happens no matter how big an agle i take. just get it re-touched.
    -Pedro

I got some scrapes in the same area you are talking about 2kgalant. As I was pulling the car out of the body shop parking lot when it was repainted I managed to scrape under there. Before the car was repainted I cracked the bumper pulling into a carwash that the driveway was too steep, and I managed to also push the side of the bumper into the fender and dented the fender. And when I got the car back from the 1st bodyshop when the kit was installed I scraped under the bumper pretty bad reversing out of my driveway, since then I have been reversing up my driveway, and haven't had any problems on the way back out
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition