The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5speed part list anyone?

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

5speed part list anyone?

I search and search and can't find a decent list of parts to swap out my 2001 4cyl auto to 5speed. In details on what I exactly need. Can someone please point me out to the right direction. Or can pm me the list of parts, I would REALLY appreciate it. Thank you. :smt023 :smt100
    Racers Against Street Racing

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    i dont think you search really good. if you did, you would of found Goosey's tutorial. find it.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    he would have found everyones swap tutorial and parts list if he searched right.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42078

heres the thread on how to install the 5 speed an the complete parts list youll need done by Goosey. read this thread, its all on here

Thanks a lot guys! I knew I saw that one a while back but I totally forgot about that one. Thanks again.
    Racers Against Street Racing

Hey guys how is it going? I'm new and i read gooseys tutorial, and I'm not confused, just wondering, to start the car, he shorted out 2 pins in the connector right? How come he just didn't get a clutch switch from a 3rd gen eclipse? I mean any factory manual car, you have to depress the clutch all the way down, to complete the circut, thus allowing you to turn over the car, so I was just wondering is that possible? I was look at my brake switch for the brake lights, why not do something like that :?:

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    well then the remote starter wouldnt work for 1 and 2 it just makes it easier

^ exactly, I have a remote starter so i used this method. You can however just wire up a clutch switch.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    So what you guys are saying is that you can start the car without pressing the clutch? What if you forget it in first gear?? HAs anyone figured out the issues wth the 02s and 03s yet? about the light being on all the time?? Could installing trany ecu fom 3G make this go away? school me please becaus Im doing the swap next year. Another question to Goosey is, how did you install the new pedals, I mean how did you know where to install them, are the holes there and just have to drill them out or what? Also what year did you used exactly because I tried calling the dealer for some stuff and said 3G and they said ,well what year. Could i use a 2004 or 2005 trany? I want i as new as possible, Ill even pay more but I want it pretty new. Thanx. I have Gooseys tutorial on my book mark so dont send me there.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Not having a clutch switch is no big deal. I have never wired one up in my car, and its been almost 4 years now. If you start the car in first, no big deal, it jumps forward a food and no harm. If you have a remote start and do it, I hope you set the e-brake .... I hope you set the e-brake regardless lol.

Actually will save you a bit of wear and tear on your throwout bearing, not having to push the clutch in everytime you want to start it.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Not having a clutch switch is no big deal. I have never wired one up in my car, and its been almost 4 years now. If you start the car in first, no big deal, it jumps forward a food and no harm. If you have a remote start and do it, I hope you set the e-brake .... I hope you set the e-brake regardless lol.

Actually will save you a bit of wear and tear on your throwout bearing, not having to push the clutch in everytime you want to start it.
    +1 I have never installed the clutch switch in any of the cars I swapped. Also its not good to leave the car in gear while parked, over time you will wear out the spring for engaging first gear. I put it in part all the time originally, then when I had my quaife installed, the guy told me he replaced the spring because it was worn out, and told me to stop putting it in 1st when I park.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Ic thats good to know :D How much does a qauilified lsd cost? I'm doing the swap as soon as i find a 3rd gen eclipse in my area, (South Dakota) and have the money, goin to college so i'm a little tight...

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galantman03
    and have the money, goin to college so i'm a little tight...
    im in the same boat..... :cry:
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

It sucks butt

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Clutch switch FTL, mine came 5 speed stock and one of the first things I did when I got it was to disconnect that. Also if you read up on 2g's it is a very common theory for why they suffer from crankwalk and I wasn't about to risk that. You can wire in the clutch switch if you really want but like everyone has said so far it is a waste of time. Just don't park in gear and you have nothing to worry about.

222whp/250wtq